Saturday, 19 September 2015

In My Mailbox #45


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren which allows us to share the books we’ve bought, borrowed and received.

For Review


Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff^
Velvet by Temple West
The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows*
Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr*

^ARC from NetGalley (thanks Random House!)
†review copy sent by Pansing Group (thanks Sasha!)
*ARCs from Edelweiss (thanks HarperCollins!)

Guys. I finally got Illuminae this week! And I've already read it - it's fantastic. I loved the world so much, and the format was super cool. My review will be up soon! I got a physical review copy of Velvet sent to my house this week, but I'm at uni in the US right now so I'll only get to read it in December :( It sounds pretty good, and I'm excited to read it when I get back.

I grabbed a couple of Harper titles from Edelweiss, because even though I have quite a few eARCs still to read, I couldn't resist. I haven't read The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows yet, but it sounds great so I'm excited to start that and then the sequel. Seven Black Diamonds (whose cover isn't out yet) sounds awesome too :D

So yeah, that's it for this week. But stay tuned for next week, because 26th September is the annual Boston Teen Author Festival! I'm so excited for it, and I'll definitely get signed books from a couple of authors there that I love.

4 comments:

  1. You have The Illuminae. *instant jealousy* Seriously, though, I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my STS post, if you're interested: http://saraletourneauwriter.com/2015/09/19/stacking-the-shelves-vol-18/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a copy of Illuminae from Netgalley weeks ago, but could never get it to work since it needs to weird app to read it. So I will just have to wait to buy a finished copy of it when it's out. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! I am really looking forward to reading The Mirror King.

    Here is my StS post.

    Justin @ Justin's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for awesome books :D I LOVED Illuminae. <3 And The Mirror King. Peeerfection. Happy reading Richa :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Velvet is sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read! I also got Melissa Marr's new book for review too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!