Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #106: The Rose Society

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


The Rose Society by Marie Lu


Title: The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2)
Author: Marie Lu

Release date: October 13th 2015
Publisher: Putnam Books
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

From New York Times bestselling author Marie Lu comes the second book in the exhilarating Young Elites series.

Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.

Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers that murdered her love, the Crown Prince Enzo Valenciano.

But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good, when her very existence depends on darkness?

We're so close to reading this one! I cannot wait to get my hands on it, after the volcano of amazingness that was The Young Elites. Also, I know quite a few people don't like the cover but I for one am a fan of it. The wolf eyes give it a sinister sort of look, which I'm sure matches the tone of the book.

8 comments:

  1. I love the eyes on this one and they actually make me want to pick up the first one just to see what they are all about. Thanks for posting a lovely cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this on another WOW post; must be popular! I know the books, but I haven't read them - I hope this one is just as amazing as the first. :)

    -Lauren

    My WOW: http://letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-mad-about-hatter.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting on this one for a while now. GREAT choice!! Counting down the days...... Hope you enjoy it when you get it!!

    Come over and check out my WOW:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-137-keeper-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually reading this one next next week! Super excited about it. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard fantastic things about this author! One day I need to get going on her books. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read anything by Marie Lu but I've heard many good things about her books! Especially the Legend series! :) I think I'll definitely have to give her a go given how many people I know that love her! :) Great blog! xxx
    (P.S There's currently a giveaway on my blog if anyone wants to enter for the chance to win a free book! The book is The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon :)!) xxx
    http://samanthalfrances.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/1-year-anniversarygiveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did love book one so so much :D So excited for this sequel too. <3 Gorgeous pick Richa :) Hope you'll love it :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!