Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #102: Six of Crows

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo


Title: Six of Crows (The Dregs #1)
Author: Leigh Bardugo

Release date: September 29th 2015
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Game of Thrones meets Ocean's Eleven in this brand-book in the world of the Grisha by New York Times-bestselling author Leigh Bardugo.

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.

Game of Thrones meets Ocean's Eleven? Sounds incredible! I would read anything Leigh Bardugo writes, and I love heist-type plots. This is set in the Grisha world, so it'll be great to revisit some familiar things as well.

11 comments:

  1. I think this would be a book to truly watch out for.
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover and it sounds very good. It's going on my TBR list.
    Great pick!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you ... I'm also VERY excited for this book! The Grisha triology was awesome so I have no doubt this will be equally amazing! Great pick! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I'm super excited for Six of Crows as well. I really, really hope it is awesome! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this author before, so she's going on my list of ones to read -- this certainly sounds like a great combination! Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/06/10/waiting-on-wednesday-trailer-park-fae/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds promising, I'll have to add it to my list!

    Thanks for sharing, and here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Six of Crows looks good!
    here's my WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am super excited to read this one, Richa! I liked the Grisha trilogy (didn't love, but liked), and I'm excited to read more from Bardugo. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a lovely day, Richa :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely! I'm super excited for this one as well! I wish I was lucky enough to have an ARC of it! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to read this author, but really want to. This one sounds so good!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes yes yes. <3 I need this book. I need it so much. It will be perfect :D I really hope you'll love it Richa. <3 Thank you for sharing about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!