Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #91: The Winner's Crime

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski


Title: The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy #2)
Author: Marie Rutkoski

Release date: March 3rd 2015
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Book two of the dazzling Winner's Trilogy is a fight to the death as Kestrel risks betrayal of country for love.

The engagement of Lady Kestrel to Valoria’s crown prince means one celebration after another. But to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making. As the wedding approaches, she aches to tell Arin the truth about her engagement…if she could only trust him. Yet can she even trust herself? For—unknown to Arin—Kestrel is becoming a skilled practitioner of deceit: an anonymous spy passing information to Herran, and close to uncovering a shocking secret.

As Arin enlists dangerous allies in the struggle to keep his country’s freedom, he can’t fight the suspicion that Kestrel knows more than she shows. In the end, it might not be a dagger in the dark that cuts him open, but the truth. And when that happens, Kestrel and Arin learn just how much their crimes will cost them.

That cover ♥ I'm excited to see where this series goes, and especially how the characters go on from everything that happened in the first book. Though I don't remember too much from it, I do know I enjoyed it and I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

6 comments:

  1. Yess. <3 Great pick sweetie :D I LOVED this sequel. So much. But so heartbreaking and evil! I think you'll love it :) Though I do suggest re-reading book one first ;p Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick :D I loved The Winner's Curse and can't wait to start this one!

    My WoW
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even had the chance to read the first one yet, but I so need to catch up on this series after Carina's comment up there!

    I'm a new follower~!

    ALSO check out my giveaway of a book of your choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty!! lol, I haven't read the first book yet, but I just adore these covers, and the story really does sound great. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Here's My WoW...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. This book. I almost wish I could have read it closer to the release date of book three (next year? lol)... the ending! *wails* I hope you enjoy this one when you read it, Richa!

    Have a fabulous week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I havent read the first book yet, but I do have it and these a=covers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!