Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2014 Wrap-Up Post

Well, 2014's been one hell of a year! So much has been going on, and because of that my reading/blogging has been kind of sporadic. I've published just 260 posts this year, which is a lot less than my 367 last year. But then, that's because of school trips, IB exams, preparing for college, and then getting through my first semester of college on the other side of the world.

I participated in fewer reading challenges - The Debut Author Challenge, the Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge, and a Rec Swap Challenge I did with Laura @ Laura Plus Books. I completed the first two, but sadly have one book left for the third! I will get to it in 2015, though. I also completed my Goodreads Reading Challenge of 200 books, so I'm really glad about that!

I've been in a couple reading slumps this year (my first ones!) so overall there weren't too many books I absolutely adored. In fact, out of the 207 books I've read this year, only 23 have been 5-star reads, which is disappointing. So hopefully 2015 will be a better year for awesome, jaw-dropping books!

I haven't had time to do the Top Ten feature for this year, but I can definitely tell you my top ten books I've read in 2014, in no particular order - 

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas
Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley
Empire of Shadows by Miriam Forster
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Split Second by Kasie West
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Special mentions to:

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Free to Fall by Lauren Miller
This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

Though 2015 has arrived WAYYY faster than I expected, I'm excited to see what it will bring! I hope I'll be able to attend more book signings and events, and read some super cool YA novels.


Happy New Year, everyone 

2 comments:

  1. Yay :D You read so many books this year. <3 Hope 2015 will be amazing for you sweetie :D Sigh. Ruin and Rising. <3 So good. Happy New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really great books this year. I hope you have another great year of reading.

    Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!