Thursday, 6 November 2014

Life of a Blogger #3: Concerts


Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat, in which bloggers discuss non-bookish topics so we can get to know each other better.

I love this week's topic! I adore concerts. I've been to so many already, and I'm happy to say I've seen most of my favourite bands and artists live already. Growing up in Singapore, I didn't get to attend multiple concerts a year since bands would only come if they were on a world tour. But over the years I have attended quite a few, and yes I keep a list. It's not weird!

My favourite genres are basically all kinds of rock and punk. And in my middle school years I listened to some pop too. So there's kind of a wide range of concerts I've been to. My first one was when I was twelve, and it was an Avril Lavigne concert. She was my favourite artist back then, and I was super excited to see her live! I still love her music and she's basically the only pop I listen to anymore. And I've been to a total of three Avril concerts so far, all in Singapore.

And this is a collage I made a while ago, from pictures of my second Avril concert - 



Some of my favourite bands/artists that I've seen live

Linkin Park


Paramore


Simple Plan


Black Veil Brides


Boys Like Girls



Here are some pictures from the Black Veil Brides concert - 


If you ask me what my favourite concert has been so far, I wouldn't have a straight answer for you. I'd have to think about how much I love the band, what songs were on the setlist, who I attended the concert with, and what kind of day it was. But right now I'd say it's a tie between Linkin Park, Simple Plan, and Black Veil Brides.

Bands/artists that I would love to see live

Avenged Sevenfold
Breaking Benjamin
Skillet
Eminem
Daughtry
All Time Low
Green Day

Now that I'm attending university in the US, I have a lot more opportunities to attend concerts! Also, they're so much cheaper here, so yay! In fact, I just had an incredible time at my first concert here two days ago - Yellowcard and Memphis May Fire. Yeah, it's crazy that a pop punk band would tour with a metalcore one, but it was amazing and so exhilarating. The crowds here are way more crazy than those back home. 

My first concert experience here was awesome, and I'm so pumped for my next one on November 22nd, Black Veil Brides! I saw them in March this year at the Singapore Rock Festival, and I can't wait to see them again this year after their new record just released.

As you can tell, I really really love concerts. There's no way I'd miss seeing a band I like playing live in front of me. I know some people who don't bother, who say things like 'I can listen to better versions on the actual record' or 'I can watch concert videos for free on YouTube instead of paying to see them live'. Well, those people are ridiculous. A concert is something I think everyone should experience. It's unexplainable, the feeling you get when the band runs out onto the stage and start playing, with the bass and drum beats vibrating through you, the concert high that lasts long after it's over. Even the aching legs and back and loss of voice don't matter when you remember how much fun you had jumping and head-banging to incredible music along with hundreds of fans. One word of advice though - avoid mosh pits at all costs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!