Saturday, 15 November 2014

In My Mailbox #37 + Leigh Bardugo Signing


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren which allows us to share the books we’ve bought, borrowed and received.

I know I haven't blogged much recently, because uni life is basically taking over. And also I was in a reading/blogging slump. But I think I've got it back now! So here's what I've got in the past few weeks. And a mini recap of the Leigh Bardugo signing I attended :D

For Review/Blog Tour



The Body Electric by Beth Revis^
Fall with Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout*
Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley*
Blades of Illusion by Terah Edun`
A Darker Past by Jus Accardo`
Anomaly by Tonya Kuper`

^ARC from NetGalley (thanks Scripturient Books!)
*ARCs from Edelweiss (thanks HarperCollins!)

`ARCs from author/blog tour organizers

I'm super excited to read The Body Electric and Fall with Me! I adore both Beth Revis and JLA, and I really hope I'll love these books. Magonia is something I only came across when I saw it on Edelweiss, and it seems pretty intriguing so I'll give it a try. I'm kind of on a tight schedule for the rest of the books and need to read them soon, but now that I'm out of my slump I know I'll enjoy them.

Bought


Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken

I bought Ruin and Rising at the book event, though once again I wish there were paperbacks, because my other books of the series are both in paperback and I wanted them to match. Oh well, I'm not complaining now since I got this one signed!
I also got another copy signed for a friend who couldn't attend the event, and she gave me a hardcover of In the Afterlight instead of cash (because I wanted it and she had an extra copy) so yay!

Leigh Bardugo Signing!

On November 3rd, Leigh Bardugo came to Boston on her Ruin and Rising book tour, and there was an event in Cambridge Public Library. Of course I had to go, since I love the Grisha trilogy so much! I went with Rabiah @ Confessions of a Readaholic, one of my best buds and fellow blogger. We're basically gonna go to all the Boston book events together (this was our third already!).


Sorry for the poor quality, I had to zoom in quite a bit. But the turnout wasn't humongous, so we got to talk to Leigh a little while getting our books signed! So first, she read us some bits from a little journal she used to keep. There are some pretty hilarious things in there, and Leigh had all of us laughing at several bits.


This is another picture of her reading from the journal. After that, she talked about her upcoming new series set in the Grisha world. The first book is called The Six of Crows, and will be released in October 2015. So far away :(

Anyway, she then read us an except from the book, and talked a little about the main characters. From all of this, I'm really excited for the book to release! She's currently in the editing process, so there are still changes to be made, but for the most part it's done.

After an interesting question and answer session, we finally had the book signing!


My beautiful signed copy of Ruin and Rising 


Got a pic with Leigh Bardugo! She is super nice and really funny :)


And here is the swag I got from the event! A pair of Six of Crows dice with a little booklet, and Grisha trilogy buttons and wristbands.

So that was an awesome event, and I can't wait for more. It's been only about three months since I came to Boston and I've been to three great book events already. I love it!

7 comments:

  1. Oooo, a signing! That is SO exciting :) Swag is awesome, I can't wait to read Six of Crows! I also got Magonia, and am pretty excited to read it :D I can't wait to read Fall With Me! Too bad it's not available on Edelweiss anymore? :o I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous weekend :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I wish we have more of those. :/

    Have fun with your reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEK! Dies. So happy for you that you got to meet Leigh :D But so jealous too, lol. <3 THE SWAG. The signed book! DIES. I want all the swag so badly, hih :) I hope you love it all sweetie. <3 And sigh. The Body Electric. I loved that book a whole lot :) Hope you do too. Happy reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stack of books. This looks like a great haul of books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had fun at the signing! Every time I see The Body Electric I keep singing Lana Del Rey, haha.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! That's so awesome that you got to go to a Leigh Bardugo signing. I have yet to read her Shadow and Bone trilogy though. Enjoy your books! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, love Jennifer L. Armentrout's books!! I can't wait for Fall With Me to come out :D Your other books look really good too. Book signings are always awesome and I'm happy you had a nice time :) Happy reading this week!

    My StS
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!