Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #80: Talon

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Talon by Julie Kagawa


Title: Talon (Talon #1)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Release date: October 28th 2014
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.

One of my most anticipated books this year! I adore both Julie Kagawa and dragons. So combining the two is like... wow. I have no doubt this will blow my mind, and I can't wait to dig my claws into it. NEXT MONTH!


6 comments:

  1. Second time seeing this. Very new to me. Also have not read this author yet. it looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay :D Awesome pick. <3 I'm dying for this book too. Just so nervous about the love triangle :( I hope it won't ruin the book for me. Sniffs. But I do adore Julie. <3 so fingers crossed we will both love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll enjoy! I haven't had the chance to read her most recent series, but I'm determined to read this one. Because. Dragons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally just saw Jenna's review of this one and it made me sad :/ I've never read anything by Kagawa so it's fair to say that I have zero expectations in terms of the author... although I expected it to be awesome just because the author is so popular? Either way, I have lowered my standards for this book. Still going to read it, for sure! I hope you enjoy the book when you read it :)

    Have a fabulous week!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this book! I hope you enjoy it too :-)

    Happy reading, Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is going to be a good week. I hope that you get to enjoy it when it comes out.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!