Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #79: This Shattered World

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


Title: This Shattered World (Starbound #2)
Authors: Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

Release date: December 23rd 2014
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

The second installment in the epic Starbound trilogy introduces a new pair of star-crossed lovers on two sides of a bloody war.

Jubilee Chase and Flynn Cormac should never have met.

Lee is captain of the forces sent to Avon to crush the terraformed planet's rebellious colonists, but she has her own reasons for hating the insurgents.

Rebellion is in Flynn's blood. Terraforming corporations make their fortune by recruiting colonists to make the inhospitable planets livable, with the promise of a better life for their children. But they never fulfilled their promise on Avon, and decades later, Flynn is leading the rebellion.

Desperate for any advantage in a bloody and unrelentingly war, Flynn does the only thing that makes sense when he and Lee cross paths: he returns to base with her as prisoner. But as his fellow rebels prepare to execute this tough-talking girl with nerves of steel, Flynn makes another choice that will change him forever. He and Lee escape the rebel base together, caught between two sides of a senseless war.

The stunning second novel in the Starbound trilogy is an unforgettable story of love and forgiveness in a world torn apart by war.

Oh my god you guys. Firstly, isn't that cover gorgeous? I love it so much. I want posters of this series up on my wall! I'm so so excited for this book, and I think it'll be just as amazing as the first one, if not better. Because that synopsis! It just gets me so pumped :D


5 comments:

  1. I actually read this one back in June, it was FABULOUS!! I thought it was even better than the first book, and I really enjoyed the first book. I haven't posted my review yet - wanted to wait until closer to the release date. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!!

    Have a fabulous day :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the first book and I am looking forward to this one too. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to the read the first book :) I heard it was good. The cover is beautiful! How did you design your blog? Where did you go? It is really pretty. I am currently trying to design mine but have no clue where to start. :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so many good reviews about the first book. The cover is beautiful again and I'm definitely going to read these series in the future. Here is my WoW: http://littlegingerbookangel.blogspot.com/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I'm excited about this book too :D Great pick sweetie. <3 Fingers crossed we will both love it :) So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!