Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #76: Captive

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Captive by Aimée Carter


Title: Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion #2)
Author: Aimée Carter

Release date: November 25th 2014
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian

For the past two months, Kitty Doe's life has been a lie. Forced to impersonate the Prime Minister's niece, her frustration grows as her trust in her fake fiancé cracks, her real boyfriend is forbidden and the Blackcoats keep her in the dark more than ever.

But in the midst of discovering that her role in the Hart family may not be as coincidental as she thought, she's accused of treason and is forced to face her greatest fear: Elsewhere. A prison where no one can escape.

As one shocking revelation leads to the next, Kitty learns the hard way that she can trust no one, not even the people she thought were on her side. With her back against the wall, Kitty wants to believe she'll do whatever it takes to support the rebellion she believes in—but is she prepared to pay the ultimate price?

I loved Pawn, the first book in this series. It's a great dystopian with a really intriguing storyline, and I'm so excited to see where this series is going! I'm sure this one will be just as awesome as the first one. Plus, that blurb is making me really really curious.

14 comments:

  1. I had no idea this was the sequel to Pawn. The covers looks quite different (or is it my waining memory?) I might check this series out.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover! I really enjoyed the first book so I'm keen to read this as well.

    A nice pick :-) Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this series out! I did really like the Goddess Test series by this author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard some really interesting things about the first book in this series so I really hope to read this series one day. I also hope that you'll enjoy this one. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes- I would hate to be Kitty. If she cannot trust anyone I am betting her boyfriend betrays her.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, I really loved Pawn, although it wasn't exactly unique, but it stood out to me. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this series, but I've added the first one to my to-read list! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Here's my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Captive looks really good!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  9. ehh i can't wait for this one either! it looks so good :) and that cover is gorgeous!

    Here’s My WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so want this one. Captive sounds so very good.

    Grace @Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this series, but I love the cover so I'll check it out.
    Great pick and I hope you like it when it comes out!

    Here's my WoW: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/07/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this one before today. It sounds as amazing as it looks, I have high expectations for this one :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to read this one as well! I thought I was sick of dystopia novels, but I ended up really enjoying Pawn. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!!

    Have a fabulous week!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I... have yet to read book one, lol (A) BUT SOONISH. Probably. Well, most likely after this book comes out, lol. I'm excited too :) I'm just. If there is a love triangle I'm out. Seriously. Damn. Hoping there won't be :) ANYWAY. Awesome pick sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!