Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #72: Opposition

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Title: Opposition (Lux #5)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release date: August 5th 2014
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.

I'm not too fond of the cover change because I hate it when covers in a series don't match, but I'm still glad Pepe is on this one! And words can't describe how excited I am for this book to come out. More Daemon + Katy, YAYYY. Also, it releases on my 18th birthday, which I think is awesome :D

10 comments:

  1. Aren't you just crushed that the real Pepe and What's-Her-Face broke up?! Or perhaps, you'd rather have Pepe all to yourself…hmmmm *waggles brows*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this as well! How wonderful it releases on your birthday.

    Happy Reading :-)

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read anything by JLA but it definitely sounds like I should! Hurrah for books that come out on your birthday, hope you get a copy as a present :)

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't started this series but I agree, I don't like the cover change. From the ones I saw before, they looked more appealing. That's me though. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the first one at BEA. Honestly I wasn't going to buy them b/c I have the series. I know there is extra content but I'm not sure it's worth my having it. I will see how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't finished this series, but i read the first one and it was pretty good :)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the book

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES YES YES!!!! I need to find out what happens!!!!!!!!! Daemon! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you about the cover change, but I definitely can't wait to have this in my hands!! Love Daemon and Katy!! Great WoW pick! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick sweetie. <3 I have yet to read these books.. but I still own them all :p Which is why I have pre-ordered this final one as well, lol. ANYWAY. I hope you will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I. CANNOT. WAIT. This book is going to be amazing. Awesome pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!