Thursday, 26 June 2014

Life of a Blogger #2: Favourite Sports Teams


Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat, in which bloggers discuss non-bookish topics so we can get to know each other better.

Another awesome topic! I adore sports. Mostly playing, but I don't watch too many. My top sport to watch, though? Football! English, not American, just to clarify. I've loved it for years, and I probably won't stop, ever. I get so pumped up while watching matches and I'm just really passionate about the teams and players I love. So here are my top teams.

English Premier League: Manchester United


Manchester United was the first team I ever loved and I'll support them till the end. Words can't really express how much I love watching them play and I really did tear up when Sir Alex announced his retirement. One of the best football clubs not only in EPL, but in the world. 20 league titles - the most of any English club. With the best manager of all time, Alex Ferguson. They were unstoppable then, and though they've just had a bad season, I have no doubt they'll be unstoppable in the future too. Glory Glory Man United!

La Liga (Spanish football league): Real Madrid


I don't follow La Liga as religiously as I do EPL, but when I do catch the matches, I full-on support Real Madrid. At first it was because Ronaldo, my then top favourite player, moved there from Man United. But now I love the team as a whole, and from next season I've decided to follow every single match for La Liga as well.

FIFA World Cup: I support quite a few teams here, so I'll list them in order - 

1. Spain
2. England
3. Netherlands
4. Argentina
5. Portugal
6. Brazil

If you follow the world cup right now, you'll know that my top two teams are already out. Which really sucks! Spain has won three consecutive cups including FIFA 2010, and people say it's now the end of an era. England, on the other hand, isn't doing so well, and hasn't been for a while. But I don't care, I love the team and so many players in it. Here's hoping for a better FIFA 2018!

So yeah, there you go. Football = one of the greatest loves of my life. I'm planning on watching more sports when I head off to uni this fall, one of them being basketball. It's my favourite sport to play, so of course I'll love watching it too. What are your favourite sports teams? Leave me a comment and let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. As an American, I know nothing about soccer (as we call it) but I appreciate all sports fans, because sports are wonderful!! :) Here are my Favorite Sports Teams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My one regret from my year living in Scotland was not going to a football game. I've never really been interested in your kind of football but I really think I missed a cool experience. Great post!
    Here are my favorite sports teams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only been to one soccer (as we call it over here) game and it was only because of David Beckham. It's a fun sport, I just don't know much about it.

    My favorite sports teams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! A fellow football lover, even though you probably won't like who I support *whispers* I'm a Chelsea fan =) Real would be my favourite team from La Liga, too. I don't watch Spanish football as much though. I was backing Spain to make the semi-finals and I was very disappointed with their performance. Bad team selection. Unfortunately, the same can be said for England, even though I wouldn't have had them reaching the semi's. Maybe the quarters, depending on countries they met along the way. I did expect them to make it out of the groups at the very least. They have a lot of potential, but I think for both countries, choosing virtually the same team for their two opening matches was a big mistake. At this stage, I'm hoping for a Germany Vs Netherlands final... but I think FIFA will want a Brazil Vs Argentina final... so we'll see! Hope you love the rest of the World Cup, and good luck in the Premier League next season. Can't wait for the transfer market to really start up! (And treat little Mata well, we do kinda miss him! ;-) )

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. House of Salgado, 50+ years experience as Custom Tailor and Custom Shirt Maker in Toronto Ontario.
    custom shirt maker

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!