Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #67: Echoes of Us

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Echoes of Us by Kat Zhang


Title: Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles #3)
Author: Kat Zhang
Release date: September 16th 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian

In the gripping final book in the Hybrid Chronicles, Addie and Eva come to terms with sharing a body as they fight for lasting change and hybrid freedom.

Addie and Eva barely survived the explosion at the Powatt institution, but they refuse to sit still as the nation ripples with rebellion. Then Marion, an ambitious reporter, offers Addie and Eva the chance to go undercover and film the wretched conditions of a hybrid institution. The girls are hesitant—things didn't turn out well last time they took such a risk. But Marion promises to free Jackson, the boy Addie loves, in return for their cooperation. As Eva and Addie walk into danger, they cling to each other and the hope of a better future. But the price they might pay is higher than they ever could have imagined.

This final installation in the Hybrid Chronicles explores the search for identity, independence, and love with beautiful language and emotional depth that will captivate readers and fans of Ally Condie, Lauren Oliver, and Scott Westerfeld.

I'll admit I don't remember too much about this series, but I did love the first two books, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Addie and Eva's stories end. This series has an awesome and unique premise, and I think all dystopian fans should check this out. I for one am glad I stumbled upon it!



10 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the first book in this series but I haven't read the second. Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the first book in this series on my kindle for a long time now, I really need to read it! Great pick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read the first two books (A) not sure if they would be for me. But ohh. Those covers are very pretty :) Great pick sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series but I like the idea of hybrids and how that plays out independence! And I agree with Carina, amazing cover! I'm a new follower! :) Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week!
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series but I've been hearing good things about it.

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great WoW! I love the covers in this series, I am yet to read the books though. I hope you enjoy it :-)

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave up on book two, but I hope you'll like it as much as you did the previous ones.

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to start this series! They've looked fascinating, but just haven't gotten to them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I'd enjoyed the first book to this series. It just wasn't me, yanno? Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously have to start this series. keep hearing so many good things about them. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!