Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #66: Mortal Heart

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers


Title: Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3)
Author: Robin LaFevers
Release date: November 4th 2014
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Genre: Young Adult Historical Fiction


Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has.




This series has some of the awesomest covers I've seen. And this book is no exception. Annith looks so badass in this, with the bow and arrow! I've always been curious about her, and I'm really stoked for her story. November is so far away, though D:


15 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the covers! they are pretty amazing. I still need to read the second book but I hope to before this is released.

    A great WoW! Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my typical read but I hope you enjoy it.

    Check our WOW

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for this one. I still have yet to start the series though it is very high up on my TBR shelf, I swear! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series is on my wishlist. I can finally start reading it when this third book comes out. I intend to buy the entire series and read it in one go. Hope you like it!

    Here is my Waiting on Wednesday: http://shusky20.blogspot.com/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-subway-love.html

    Precious @ Fragments of Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought GRAVE MERCY about two weeks ago and haven't gotten around to starting it yet. Maybe I'll just pace myself so that I can read Books 1 and 2 right before this one releases. LOL :) Great pick!

    Here's My WoW post :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love this cover! Great pick! Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I think my co-blogger Tanja wants to read this one too - she adored first two books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. That summary is powerful. That last line gave me chills.

    I'm a new follower via GFC, twitter, and bloglovin.

    Here's my WOW if you'd like to check it out.

    Rebecca @ Vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO excited for Mortal Heart. Its sad that the release date got pushed back.
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't started the series (keep hearing about them though) and they have pretty kickass covers. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this series before but it sounds good! I hope you enjoy this one! :-)
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ack, I'm dying for this book as well. <3 Great pick :D And yesss. Such a gorgeous cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't come across this series but sounds really good. I will have to check them out. =)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I saw this in either NetGalley or a blog tour sign-up thing. Anyway, thanks for sharing! :D

    Waiting on Wednesday
    Dress Up That Cover

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!