Thursday, 24 April 2014

Life of a Blogger #1: Favourite Music Albums


Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat, in which bloggers discuss non-bookish topics so we can get to know each other better.

This is my first Life of a Blogger post! I was planning on doing one a few weeks ago, but decided that I wanted my first post to be on a topic I really enjoyed - music! I know a lot of people nowadays download music digitally instead of buying CDs, but I've always found a certain allure to it. So this is a great topic for me, since I have so many albums I love! Here are some (okay, a lot) of my favourites, in no particular order 


Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park
Honestly one of the best albums ever made.




Meteora - Linkin Park
I love this one and Hybrid Theory equally! Both mean so much to me.


Simple Plan - Simple Plan
The album (and band) that got me into punk music, which I now listen to pretty much all the time.


Riot! - Paramore
The last Paramore album with the Farro brothers *sob* And definitely their best.


Let Go - Avril Lavigne
I miss this badass tomboy Avril. Growing up, this chick was my idol.


Under My Skin - Avril Lavigne
Tied for my favourite Avril album along with Let Go. This is something I can never get sick of.



Break the Spell - Daughtry
The first Daughtry album I bought, and the one that made me fall in love with the band.


Boys Like Girls - Boys Like Girls
There are so many memories associated with most of the songs on this album :')


Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones - Black Veil Brides
My most recent band obsession! I adore these guys now, and I admire how much they've evolved.


Awake - Skillet
This is the kind of album I can listen to over and over again on repeat and never get bored.


Recovery - Eminem
I'm more partial to Eminem's older stuff, but this album is kind of a masterpiece.


Dirty Work - All Time Low
Another music album that got me obsessed with the band! All the songs on this are so upbeat without sounding pop, and still maintaining the punk sound.




Dear Agony - Breaking Benjamin
I challenge any music lover to listen to this album without head banging.


Waking Up - OneRepublic
I wasn't really a huge OneRepublic fan before my friend got me this album for my birthday, and now they're one of my favourite bands!


American Idiot - Green Day
A classic, this one. Again, one of the best albums ever made. In my opinion, of course.




So those are all my favourite bands! And most of my favourite artists/bands, of course. I may have gotten a little carried away, I just couldn't leave any of these out. Leave a comment and let me know what you think of these, and what your favourite albums are!

8 comments:

  1. A few of these are new to me so thank you for the recommendations! I love love love Linkin Park so much! I have to admit I like Living Things the best but they're old stuff will always rock. Plus I love Eminem, Avril Lavigne, Green Day, One Republic, All Time Low, Paramore and Simple Plan as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I forgot to put the first BLG album on my list, but there are too many albums I own that I'm obsessed with, so I just did the recent ones. But, maybe I read this wrong, but did you say you prefer to buy the albums instead of just downloading? If so....ME TOO!! I'd rather pay more for the hard copy or get the import than just buy online. So yay for that. I'm gonna put your button on my page.

    Here's my Life of a Blogger post.

    Semi new follower and still in love with your blog. :)

    Rebecca of Vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to put Let Go and American Idiot in my post but it was already too long >.< Those albums were my childhood, I even remember fighting with my cousin over who liked Avril Lavigne more! Great post :)

    Louise - Nerdette Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love Simple Plan too! But I have to admit, their first album is my favorite :) I'd Do Anything is my absolute fav song by them, I think...if I had to choose! (As a matter of fact, I'm going to listen to that right now *pulls up Spotify*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh! Simple Plan! Green Day! Paramore! ALL TIME LOW! :3 You have an awesome taste in music, ahaha :P I'm not really a fan of rap so I haven't listened to Eminem, but I love most of that list! :D
    I love your blog so much, by the way! Super gorgeous :3 Thanks for the comment on my blog!
    _Gee x (the bibliomaniac book blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Selection..!! Love every album to the core i haven't listened to American Idiot - Green Day im so very much going for this to Buy Music Album Online

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list! I also love Linkin Park and OneRepublic <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE Paramore and totally love Riot <3 What do you think of their new album as well? And Avril Lavigne <33 Again, I am totally for her new album as well :D

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/sherlock-holmes-game-of-shadows.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!