Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #64: Invaded

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Invaded by Melissa Landers


Title: Invaded (Alienated #2)
Author: Melissa Landers
Release date: February 3rd 2015
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

The romantic sequel to Alienated takes long-distance relationships to a new level as Cara and Aelyx long for each other from opposite ends of the universe...until a threat to both their worlds reunites them.

Cara always knew life on planet L’eihr would be an adjustment. With Aelyx, her L’eihr boyfriend, back on Earth, working to mend the broken alliance between their two planets, Cara is left to fend for herself at a new school, surrounded by hostile alien clones. Even the weird dorm pet hates her.

Things look up when Cara is appointed as human representative to a panel preparing for a human colony on L’eihr. A society melding their two cultures is a place where Cara and Aelyx could one day make a life together. But with L’eihr leaders balking at granting even the most basic freedoms, Cara begins to wonder if she could ever be happy on this planet, even with Aelyx by her side.

Meanwhile, on Earth, Aelyx, finds himself thrown into a full-scale PR campaign to improve human-L’eihr relations. Humans don’t know that their very survival depends on this alliance: only Aelyx’s people have the technology to fix the deadly contamination in the global water supply that human governments are hiding. Yet despite their upper hand, the leaders of his world suddenly seem desperate to get humans on their side, and hardly bat an eye at extremists’ multiple attempts on Aelyx’s life.

The Way clearly needs humans’ help . . . but with what? And what will they ask for in return?

Don't you guys adore this cover? Just as pretty as that of Alienated! I'm glad it was released this early. But it's depressing to think that there's almost a year for this book to come out! I loved the first book, and I'm pretty sure that will end up being among my top 2014 debuts. I can't wait to get back into this world!


11 comments:

  1. I can't read the synopsis because I haven't read the first book, but I want to! The cover is pretty darn gorgeous, though, and I've heard so many good things about the first book! I hope your wait goes by quickly! :) Great pick!

    My WoW!
    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really need to read the first book!! It's had such good reviews and the covers are gorgeous but I still haven't bought it :/ Must fix that. Nice pick!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick. <3 I'm dying for this book as well :D Cannot wait to read it. Hope you will love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Alienated, however reading the synopsis of this definitely makes me think that i missed out on something awesome. Will be checking both books out soon, thanks for reminding me :)

    Sanna @Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of this cover, but I loved the one for Alienated! <33 I haven't read the first one yet, since it's not yet released in our country. :(

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should definitely read Alienated. great pick!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't gotten to Alienated yet, buuuut keep hearing all the good things, so I'm hoping to get it soon. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes!!! I can't wait for this one! I hope I can get an ARC! I actually wasn't thrilled with the first one, but it was good enough to have me intrigued for the second for sure! Thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great pick! I really enjoyed the first book so I'm eager to read this as well. Loving the cover!

    Have a great week & happy reading :) Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh... love the cover and it sounds great too. Nice choice!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is gorgeous! I haven't gotten to read Alienated yet, but I'm working to get to it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!