Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #63: The Perilous Sea

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas

Title: The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy #2)
Author: Sherry Thomas
Release date: September 16th 2014
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

After spending the summer away from each other, Titus and Iolanthe (still disguised as Archer Fairfax) are eager to return to Eton College to resume their training to fight the Bane. Although no longer bound to Titus by a blood oath, Iolanthe is more committed than ever to fulfilling her destiny—especially with the agents of Atlantis quickly closing in.

Soon after arriving at school, though, Titus makes a shocking discovery, one that makes him question everything he previously believed about their mission. Faced with this devastating realization, Iolanthe is forced to come to terms with her new role, while Titus must choose between following his mother's prophecies—and forging a divergent path to an unknowable future.


This cover was revealed quite recently, and I totally fell in love with it! This cover is even more gorgeous than that of The Burning Sky, which is really saying something. The Burning Sky was one of my favourite books of 2013, so I'm positively dying to read this one.


13 comments:

  1. Great pick! I've got The Burning Sky on my wishlist. I fell in love with ST's adult historical romances and wanted to glom up her backlist :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that a leviathan on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't a fan of the first one, so I'll skip this, but such a beautiful cover!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. *high fives you over here* Great pick of course!! LOL I just had to come look at the pretty cover again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely agree that this cover is gorgeous. It definitely grabbed my attention, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was my pick the other week! i'm so excited for it!! really loved book 1. awesome pick :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to start these books but am super excited to, I heard great things about it all!
    I hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I hear about this book, but I LOVE the cover! It sounds so amazing!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the first book, but the cover for this one is just beautiful! Great pick! And thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ended up DNFing the Burning Sky very quickly because the writing style wasn't for me, but I'm glad you liked it! The Perilous Sea's cover is also really pretty with all of the water :) Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard AMAZING things about Burning Sky and still need to read it. This series sounds great! Hope you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dying for this one as well :D Loved book one. <3 Great pick sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!