Friday, 28 March 2014

The Devil's Temptation Blog Tour: Spotlight + Excerpt


Today is my stop on the blog tour for The Devil's Temptation (The Devil's Triangle #2) by Toni De Palma. Check out an excerpt from the book below! And thank you to Christine for organizing this tour :)



Fighting the Devil brought Cooper and Grace together. But without a little evil to spice things up, the everyday life of a normal teenager is pretty dull. A summer job crewing on a billionaire’s yacht in sunny Italy might be just the ticket to rekindle passion. While the setting is perfect, the winding, sinister back streets of Naples are also the perfect playground for a scorned Lucifer to wreak havoc. And if evil doesn’t rip them apart, the sultry billionaire’s daughter and the sexy First Officer might be what it takes to finally destroy Cooper and Grace’s love forever.

Release date: March 14th 2014
Publisher: Crescent Moon Press
Purchase link: Amazon


Excerpt


“God, what do you have in here? Rocks?” I said, as I heaved Grace’s suitcase off the conveyer belt.

She rolled her eyes. “We are going to be here for two months, Cooper.”

Not that I needed reminding. Since football practice started the first week of August and our little adventure in Italy was going to cost me that time, I’d had to move heaven and earth to convince my coach to keep me on the team. In my former life, I’d laughed at guys who were jocks, but with the chance that football might win me a scholarship, I’d ironically become one of those guys.
It wasn’t just my coach that wasn’t happy with me. Being away from home for eight weeks did not sit well with my parents, either. I knew guys my age weren’t supposed to be tight with their parents, but not a lot of guys my age had faced off with Lucifer either.

With the two connecting flights, we’d been traveling for close to thirteen hours. The luggage felt like sand bags as I pulled them behind me and followed Grace.
Unlike me, she was energized and excited. As we moved through the terminal toward the exit doors, she kept pointing things out. “Look at that those people drinking cappuccinos at that barover there. Don’t they look chic? And the way they have the gelato decorated with real fruit. It’s so artistic.” Like a little kid on the Dumbo ride at Disneyland, Grace giggled.

“No wonder some of the greatest artists in history were from Italy,” she said. “It’s such a rich culture, don’t you think?”

“Uh-huh,” I said, as I tried to navigate through the crowd of people who rushed by on their way to catching their flights.

As we headed for the exit doors, someone elbowed me in the ribs.
“Watch it!” I said, but the guy kept going. Grace kept going too, purring on and on about everything Italian.

As we stood in line to exit the terminal, Grace stared at the young couple in front of us who were speaking in Italian. “Italian is the most romantic language in the world. I can’t wait to practice it with you.”

As soon as our tickets were bought, Grace uploaded Rosetta Stone to her computer. According to her uncle, most of the crew on the Tempest spoke English. Still, Grace forced me to practice with her. She could get by pretty good, but listening to the couple in front of me, I had no way of knowing whether they were getting hot and heavy or just talking about whose turn it was to take out the garbage when they got home.

Finally in the waiting area, I heard a voice boom over the rest of the crowd. “Sanders!”

Looking up, I saw that, connected to that booming voice, was a guy who took the word buff to a whole new level. In his early twenties, the guy was wearing white pants and a white naval shirt, complete with brass buttons. In this sea of tired travelers, he looked tanned and relaxed, not to mention full of himself.
“Sanders!” The guy said again as he scanned the crowd. Had it not been for the card in his hand that also said Sanders, my first instinct was to steer Grace away from the guy.

Before I could lead her away, Grace waved and said, “Here!” As we walked toward him, his eyes locked on Grace and he lit up. “Grace Sanders? Piacere, Signorina. I am Marcello.” Of course. What else would a guy with movie star looks be called? He shook Grace’s hand,

his grasp lingering a little too long for my taste. He was only a little taller than me, but I imagined that his wavy black hair and shocking blue eyes was just the sort of thing that turned girls into bowls of gloppy oatmeal.

Piacere,” Grace said back. To my horror, she was blushing!

Before this went too far, I did what any red blooded guy would do. I wrapped my arm around Grace and staked my claim. “I’m Cooper. Cooper Wanderman.”

As if he suddenly realized I was there, Marcello frowned. He looked at a piece of paper he had in his hand. “I’m sorry, but I have no Cooper Wanderman on my list. My list only says I am here to pick up Grace Sanders.”

Already beyond tired, I was seriously ready to punch Mr. Perfect in the face and add a little color to his white uniform. “Well maybe you need to recheck your list,” I said. “But this time look under the word boyfriend.”


About the author:

Toni De Palma was born in Brooklyn, New York. As a child she spent many summers in Ischia, the Italian island where her father was brought up. Her first middle grade novel, Under the Banyan Tree, was published in 2007 and selected as a Kirkus New Voices Pick and a New York Public Library Book for the Teen Age. Her second middle grade novel, Jeremy Owl, was published in 2010. Her third book, The Devil’s Triangle, A YA paranormal is getting rave reviews. Toni holds her MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from Vermont College and she is a recipient of a New Jersey Arts Fellowship. She currently resides in New Jersey.

Find Toni on:

Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!