Monday, 31 March 2014

Review: Kissing Eden by T.A. Foster

Title: Kissing Eden
Author: T.A. Foster
Release date: March 6th 2014
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eARC
Pages: 132
Source: Inkslinger PR

Have you ever thought of taking a vacation alone? I mean step on a plane, check into your hotel, and lie on the beach completely and utterly alone. No? Me either, but then right before senior spring break I got dumped.
Something about break ups makes you do things you didn’t want to do, and try things you didn’t know you were capable of.

That’s how I ended up at the Palm Palace.
That’s how I met Grey.
That’s how my spring break turned into the most unforgettable week of my life.





Kissing Eden seemed like it had an interesting premise, and Eden seemed like an independent kind of girl. So I'm sorry to say that this book ended up being a bit of a disappointment. I did enjoy some parts of the book, but I also had quite a few issues with it.

Eden has some seriously crappy luck. Her boyfriend of a long time dumps her days before spring break, when they had already made vacation plans. So Eden decides to go on vacation alone, but the airline ends up losing her luggage. When she tries to check into her room at the hotel, she discovers that her ex, Brett, has already checked into that room before her, so she's now stuck at a pretty dilapidated motel called the Palm Palace. Which is where everything begins, of course.

I really wanted to like Eden. I admired her determination to go ahead and have fun on spring break without Brett. But Eden's actually really immature, and her actions throughout the book didn't make me like her any more than I liked Bella from Twilight. She gets to know Grey at the Palm Palace, and after like three days she's completely smitten. She even gets insanely jealous when she sees him talking to his ex, and how does she react? She throws a drink into Grey's face. Yeah, and this is after three days I believe.

Speaking of Grey, I couldn't really connect with him even though his character seemed like a great one. Grey has a lot riding on him - he's inherited the Palm Palace from his late grandfather, but can't afford to hire anyone, so he has to do all the work himself. I liked Grey, but there were things about him that didn't fit with his image. Grey's equally into Eden after just a few days, and I honestly found the insta-love so hard to believe. That kind of thing just doesn't happen. And Grey also gets really mad seeing Eden with Brett at one point, and then lets her leave without saying a word to her.

The way the two of them finally come together at the end was a little on the ridiculous side too. I won't say what it was in case anyone wants to read this book. I'm glad Kissing Eden is quite a short read, and really light, because if it were longer I may not have finished it. The storyline is definitely sweet, though. So if you're looking for a quick cute read, you might want to try this one.

*Thank you to Inkslinger PR for providing me with an eARC for review*

Rating: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm unnecessary drama? No thanks. :)

    I hope your next read will be better, Richa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!