Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #59: The Winner's Curse

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


The Winner's Curse by Maire Rutkoski


Title: The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1)
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Release date: March 4th 2014
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Winning what you want may cost you everything you love.

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions.

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin.

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined.

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.

I only heard of this one about a month ago, but as soon as I read the synopsis I was intrigued. I love YA fantasy, especially ones like this with a strong female protagonist. And I've seen some amazing reviews of this book, so I'm really excited for it!


14 comments:

  1. This was my last W.O.W, this book looks so amazing and lots of people on twitter seem to have loved it! Can't wait for this :)

    Pavan @ Keep it Fictional

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great choice, I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this cover! it is gorgeous and it sounds amazing as well.

    A great WoW pick! Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my pick for last week! It sounds totally awesome and I can't wait to read it. :)

    Aimee @ Read by the Undead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick. This one is in most wows today!

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one's cover. I've seen it around and every time my eyes fall on that gorgeous image, I trace the lettering and sigh. So pretty!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I am definitely eagerly awaiting this one. It looks so good and so far all the reviews for it have been 4 and 5 stars.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one looks so good! I have seen a lot of buzz about it! Great pick!

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want this one too! Thanks for stopping by ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so can't wait to get my hands on a copy, though I've already read it, it's just so amazing!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read and loved this book. It's perfect. You will love it too :D Great pick. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read this one badly. The whole story sounds so interesting and just look at that cover. I don't think I'll ever resist it. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen this one around... love the cover!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry I'm so late stopping by! Thanks for visiting my WOW. I've been keeping my eye on this one. I'm not 100% sure if I'll snag it or wait and see what some people thing about it first. Nice choice though!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!