Saturday, 1 February 2014

In My Mailbox #29


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren which allows us to share the books we’ve bought, borrowed and received.

Well, it looks like I've taken another 3-week breaks between IMM posts. I haven't got too much stuff in the past few weeks, but I'm very happy with some of it :)

(these are just the print copies)

For Review


ARC of Captivate by Vanessa Garden (from NetGalley)
ARC of Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
ARC of Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor (from Edelweiss)
ARC of The Deep End of the Sea by Heather Lyons

I want to start by saying I loved Fire & Flood! Thank you to Scholastic Press and to Vi Nguyen for sending this to me :) I really liked Captivate as well. Maybe One Day wasn't really for me, and I sadly couldn't enjoy it much.. Sigh. But The Deep End of the Sea was a nice surprise! A Medusa story, and a really interesting one at that. Everyone should read this when it comes out.

Borrowed


ARC of The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Thanks Rabiah for letting me borrow this! I read this one last night and I actually couldn't put it down. It's that intense. And this is my first 5-star read of 2014! Yayy (Y) I adore Barnes and I knew I'd love this book, but I never imagined just how much. I'm dying for the sequel now!

Won


Splintered by A.G. Howard

A paperback of Splintered! Thanks for this, Ashley :) It's so gorgeous. I've read and reviewed this already, but I really wanted to own a physical copy. And I really need to re-read this before Unhinged arrives!

Received from author


I got this lovely swag from Teri Brown a few days ago! Sorry for the crappy picture. I still need to read this series, and I'm sure I'll get to it soon. The sneak peek booklet on the right definitely got me interested!

And that wraps up my IMM this week. I'm still waiting on some packages in the mail, so they will have to wait until the next post. And maybe Ignite Me will end up in that too! I sure hope it arrives soon. Anyway, what did you guys get this week?

12 comments:

  1. I borrowed The Naturals recently too and am so glad it sounds good! Can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul. Going to start Fire and Flood soon. Been hearing really good things about it. Come check out my stack as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read The Naturals for book club, and I really enjoyed it. I love the spine of your edition! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I totally agree that it's hard to put down.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read The Naturals. And my copy of Fire & Flood. But Splintered was amazing. The sequel was even more so. :) I've seen a lot of people raving about Maybe One Day, but I haven't had a chance to get to that one yet, either. Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous of your ARC of Fire and Flood! I have an e-galley of it, but it's not quite the same.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!


    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of awesome this week :D I hope you enjoy it all. <3 Ohh, you need to read Born of Illusion soon. It's an awesome book :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You won Splintered?!! OOH! So jealous. XD I'm dying for it. (I have it on hold at the library, but apparently fifty billion people want to read it right now too -_-) Happy reading! My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! I loved Splintered and just bought a copy of Unhinged :) Hope you have an awesome week!

    My StS .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous of Fire & Flood! I loved Splintered & Unhinged is amazing. Glad you enjoyed The Naturals, (I gavei t 5 stars, too.) so can't wait for the next! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I must say that I am super jealous that you have Fire & Flood as I am desperate to read that one. I really enjoyed The Naturals, thought it was a brilliant start to a new series and I need the sequel. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!