Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #56: City of Heavenly Fire

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare


Title: City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Release date: May 27th 2014
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal

ΕRCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID.

I am coming.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance? Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world changed in the sixth and last installment of the Mortal Instruments series!



THIS IS IT, GUYS. The end of the TMI series. This is one of the first YA series I've ever read, and it's going to be so damn hard to say goodbye. Plus, I'm terrified to read this, because I don't want anyone to die, especially not a main character! Anyway - that cover. I really love it! It fits so well with all the others, and I think it makes sense that Clary and Sebastian are on it.


19 comments:

  1. Oh man, that cover! I remember hearing Cassie talking about the reveal but I totally got caught up in life and forgot. It's stunning and a perfect pick for WOW. I cannot wait to read this one. It's kind of weird to have the sense of this series ending the second time.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's OUT !! yay!! Finally! *doing the jig jig* DIE SEBASTIAN DIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even started this series yet. Good for you. Hope you get to read this one soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have refrained from picking up the last three after knowing CC's love of awful cliffhangers. I think I'll wait and see a few reactions before taking this on after the disaster of Allegiant! Great choice and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has such a gorgeous cover! I'm excited too :)
    Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished reading City of Bones a week ago! SO good! I am going to really take my time in reading the rest of the books to catch up to this one!
    Great pick! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this one!! The mortal instruments series is the reason I became a reader. I'm really excited for this! (also, wishing Cassie doesn't kill Simon!)
    Happy reading!
    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait for this either. Awesome pick sweetie :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. There really aren't words for how much I love this series. Seriously. Man I love this series! Great pick and can't wait for this one!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stopped at #3, so as soon as it's out I can finally read them together, yay. I hate waiting. :( I actually like the cover overall, just looks all magical and pretty. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS PICK! I'm not ready for this, but I want it so bad! I don't know if I'll ever be ready for this series to end, I feel attached to it-- and I love the cover too... it fits so well

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier! Great choice considering we picked the same book! :)

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  13. EVERYWHERE. This book is just everywhere recently! I'm not far enough into the series yet, but I do want to read this one! I wonder why Clary is wearing funeral colors... WHO DIES? Hopefully you get to read this one soon - great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! You know I'm excited for this one girl! And incredibly terrified of what CC will do to us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG YES!! I cannot wait for this one! I love this cover!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh we have all been waiting for this book for AGES!! But I know that this book will also most likely kill me!

    I think I'm one of the few that just doesn't love this cover :L

    Pavan
    Kep it Fictional

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've only read City of Bones, but I know soooooo many people waiting for this one!! And I think this might be one of my favorite covers in the series. Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've read all the main Mortal Instruments series and I literally cannot wait until this book comes out! I've been waiting because I still need to watch the movie, but I've heard it is no where as good. I can't wait... but at the same time I don't want the series to be over!!!

    Check out my post on relaxing here: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/01/chaotic-days-how-to-relax.html?showComment=1390935780020#c4397432430458781081

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!