Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #54: Nil

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Nil by Lynne Matson




Title: Nil (Nil #1)
Author: Lynne Matson
Release date: March 4th 2014
Publisher: Henry Holt
Genre: Young Adult Thriller

On the mysterious island of Nil, the rules are set. You have one year. Exactly 365 days--to escape, or you die.

Seventeen-year-old Charley doesn’t know the rules. She doesn’t even know where she is. The last thing she remembers is blacking out, and when she wakes up, she’s lying naked in an empty rock field.

Lost and alone, Charley finds no sign of other people until she meets Thad, the gorgeous leader of a clan of teenage refugees. Soon Charley learns that leaving the island is harder than she thought . . . and so is falling in love. With Thad’s time running out, Charley realizes that to save their future, Charley must first save him. And on an island rife with dangers, their greatest threat is time.

This is definitely my most anticipated 2014 debut from the ones I haven't read yet. So many have read and loved this, and it sounds so cool. The concept is really intriguing, and I love the new cover of the book! I can't wait for this one and I know I'm going to love it.

13 comments:

  1. Wow I haven't heard of this one before, but it looks brilliant! Definitely adding Nil to my TBR list :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Got this one from NetGalley... can't wait to get started on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this one, and will be trying to get it on NetGalley soon. I love books that centre around not being able to escape, however, the romance aspect doesn't please me too much. Still, a great pick :)

    I'm starting a new feature over at Book Badger this year; Five Friday Favourites and it'd mean a lot to me if you could check it out, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really interesting!!! I might read it too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, so can't wait for it! I really like this cover better, though I did like the original, there was just something...off. I don't know, but it sounds amazing, so who cares, haha. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I hadn't heard of this before, but now I want to read it!
    My WoW: http://takeawalkonthewriteside.blogspot.it/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-08012014.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh interesting. I hadn't heard of this one before. It definitely sounds intriguing!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick :) I have an ARC with the old cover.. I need to try reading it again, as the first time I did not enjoy the first 50 pages :\ fingers crossed for next try :) Hope you'll love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pick!! I can't wait for this one either. Which cover do you like better? I'm so torn. I think I like the colors of the other better but am in love with the font and how it morphs into the water. Also, no people shadows!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is such a good pick! Nil sounds soooo good and intriguing! I'm really glad they changed the cover though. I like this one a lot better! I definitely plan on getting this one!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great thriller, awesome pick! I'm adding this one to my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for picking NIL, Richa! I hope you enjoy it! And btw--freaky fast readers unite! *fast reader fist bump* I'm like you; I read books in a day or two. Or faster.:) Happy reading this year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds interesting!! Looks like a good read!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!