Friday, 24 January 2014

Review: Be with Me by J. Lynn

Title: Be with Me (Wait for You #2)
Author: J. Lynn
Release date: February 4th 2014
Publisher: William Morrow
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eARC
Pages: 299
Source: Edelweiss

Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…

I've been waiting for Jase and Teresa's story ever since I read and fell in love with Wait for You. So when I got the opportunity to read and review Be with Me, of course I devoured it all in one day! How could I not, when the story was so intense and the characters so compelling. I have to say I liked this one even more than Wait for You. And if this series just keeps getting better, I can't wait to see what J. Lynn has in store for us in Stay with Me!

We first met Jase and Teresa in Wait for You, where we found out that Teresa is a dancer but tore her ACL recently, and her future is balancing on a fence. We also knew that Jase has some well-kept and huge secrets, which we find out in this book. After sharing a kiss about a year ago, Teresa and Jase haven't talked much at all. Until they share another moment, and the two of them are flung together in a college class, among other situations. But Jase knows that he needs to stay away from Cam's little sister, even though all Teresa wants is to be with him. Be with Me follows this couple as they go through and overcome the biggest obstacles they'll ever face.

I loved getting to know Teresa. She's headstrong, passionate and stubborn, and very different from who she was a few years ago. It's tough for her to be going to college to get a teaching degree, because it's her Plan B after she tore her ACL and her dancing career is hanging on the balance. On top of that, her roommate is displaying some really familiar signs and Teresa's torn about what to do. I felt so sorry for her on account of her dancing, because it's really obvious how much she loves it.

Ah, Jase. He's even more amazing than what we saw in Wait for You. I mostly loved how he is with Jack, his little brother. He loves that kid so much. And he cares for Teresa a lot too. Jase is pretty hot and cold most of the time, and that got on my nerves a little, but I can't help loving that guy. He's also really enigmatic, until he reveals his secret to Teresa. That point totally shocked me! So of course I can't say anything about it. But it's huge, trust me.

We get to see loads more of Cam and Avery in this book! Since they all go to the same college, Teresa included, we get to meet them again, as well as Brit, Jacob and Ollie. Cam and Avery are as attached as always, and there's a little surprise there as well. I also found it sweet how protective Cam is of Teresa. Sure, I can see how it would be annoying to her, but I think it's great that she has a brother who always looks out for her.

I'm sure we all remember Cam's cookies from Wait for You. Well, get ready for Jase's cupcakes! Yeah, they're pretty amazing. And so is he, of course. Every time a pink box was mentioned, my heart would do a little flip. But along with the sweet and light-hearted stuff, there are some dark aspects in this novel. History seems to be repeating itself in a way, and there's a lot of tension, a lot of danger. I quite liked it, and I think the balance was managed really well.

There's some clichéd dialogue and scenes that I think the novel would be better without, but I overlooked that because of the pure awesomeness of the rest of the book. Be with Me is my favourite of the series so far, and I'm already dying here for the next installment. Jase and Teresa are definitely my new favourite NA couple!

*Thank you to HarperCollins for providing me with an eARC for review*

Rating: 4.5/5

2 comments:

  1. I think I have Wait for You somewhere in my tbr. The best thing about NA is that they're fast reads. Curiouser and curiouser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Review Twin! Haha. OMG I totally forgot to mention cupcakes in my review. BOO. Cam had cookies & eggs..HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT JACE'S CUPCAKES? lol. Oh well. ;) Great review!!! I neeeeeeeeeed moooooorrrreee from this group of friends, NOW. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!