Saturday, 7 December 2013

In My Mailbox #25


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren which allows us to share the books we’ve bought, borrowed and received.

This week has been quite awesome in terms of ARCs, because HarperCollins just added a whole bunch of awesome titles on Edelweiss! So of course I couldn't stop myself from downloading a few. These books below bring my Edelweiss total to twenty books! Which means I gotta get to reading them quite soon.

For Review



The Last Best Kiss by Claire LaZebnik*
Wicked Game by Sean Olin*
After the End by Amy Plum*
The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings*
Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike*

*ARCs from Edelweiss (thanks HarperCollins!)

EEEPPP!! I'm so freaking excited for all of these, you have no idea. I loved The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LaZebnik, so I'm very excited for The Last Best Kiss. Especially since it's a retelling of Persuasion by Jane Austen! I haven't read Persuasion yet, but I've read another retelling of it (For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund), so it'll be interesting to compare these two. I don't know anything about Wicked Games or the author, but it seemed intriguing so I just had to download it!

I haven't read Amy Plum's Revenants series yet, but I'm planning on it. Plus, After the End sounds like my kind of book so I really hope I love it. And guys - The Murder Complex! I've been waiting for this book for like ages. So of course I freaked out when I saw it available for download. Same goes for Sleep No More. I adore Aprilynne Pike, so I can't wait for this new book of hers.

I clearly have a lot to read, but I honestly can't wait. So much to read, so little time! With mock exams coming up next month and then final IB exams in May, I don't know how I'll be able to fit in enough reading time but I'll definitely try. So that's my haul this week! What do you think of the books I got? And what did you get this week? Leave me a comment :)

19 comments:

  1. Love those Harper Teen titles. There were so many good ones. I got the new Amy Plum one as well. Hoping you love your new books.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got The Murder Complex and After the End! I hope we both enjoy them :) Great haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three of these books look familiar! :D I'm not big on contemporary so I passed on The Last Best kiss, though it does sound like a cute kind of book. Not really interested in Sleep No More but I hope you enjoy that, as a fan of hers! :)

    Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen Sleep No More around a few blogs now. I'm so intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of any of those, but they look awesome! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been seeing the Amy Plum book EVERYWHERE this week! Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HarperCollins is so nice to us bloggers, huh? They have so many great titles coming out in 2014 and I'm really excited to read them! I'm definitely going to read The Murder Complex and After the End. :)

    Enjoy the books!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been seeing The Murder Complex a lot on STS this week. Hope you enjoy them.

    New follower, GFC, Bloglovin and Network Blogs

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to use Edelweiss, but there are so many good books on there lately! Can't wait for Sleep No More and The Murder Complex.
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. *High fives for Edelweiss awesome* Hope you enjoy all of them! :)

    -Jess


    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got After The End this week too :) It sounds amazing!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  12. you and i got the same books this week! after the epic reads ARC party i downloaded all the things on edelweiss lol. happy reading and i hope you can stop by my StS/Sunday post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't download The Last Best Kiss (but I'm changing my mind about that now.) but, I downloaded the others! So many amazing ones. Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great update and what a sweet haul! Happy Reading! The Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers And be sure to check out Fill Your Stockings With Books Giveaways this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul! We have quite a few in common and I almost got The Last Best Kiss myself but stopped myself. You're excitement is kind of contagious though and now I want it again! I hope you enjoy them all :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wooo-hoo for those Harper titles! I am so excited to read them too! :) Happy reading Richa!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome books sweetie. <3 I hope you will love them all :D I'm excited to read The Murder Complex too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was so thrilled to see all of those Harper titles on EW. The big question now is: Which to read first??

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am soooo excited for The Murder Complex. Feels like I've been waiting on that one forever...so glad to have a galley! :D Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!