Friday, 20 December 2013

Blog Invasion: 2014 Rec Swap Challenge

Hello to the fellow City Of Books readers! My name is Laura and I'm coming over from Music Plus Books. As you can see from the title, this is a blog invasion. Richa and I have decided we wanted to do out own challenge kind of thing. We recommend 5 books to the other which they have to read in 2014. Basically, I've been stalking Richa's Goodreads. I've found so many books that I loved that she hasn't read yet. And so, I'm forcing her too. Of course she has the whole year to read these 5 books so hopefully she'll enjoy them all! 

The cool thing is, Richa has no idea what books I'm choosing for her. She won'y find out until this post is published. Hopefully, she won't take a peek into the post. So here we go, the five books I'm making her read and why! Welcome to our 2014 Rec Swap Challenge. I hope you like them all Richa!


16151178The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

I think I can say that this is my all time most favouritist book ever. It's hard to say because I've read so many amazing books but when someone asks "favourite book?" this is definitely the first one that comes to mind. With my awesome stalking skills, I found that Richa liked the Pushing The Limits series. I think that that's definitely a good reason to read The Sea of Tranquility. They both have the same feeling. 

The Sea of Tranquility is one of the most thought provoking, intense, heart breaking and beautiful books I've ever read. This is a must-read for everyone. Just to prove it, it has a 4.5 star rating with over 25,000 ratings. It's pretty rare to find a book with that many ratings that still manages to maintain a 4.5+ rating. Enjoy this one Richa!
10576365
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Before reading this one, I was so sure that it was more popular. I think it's because it's really popular on booktube and so I just assumed that everyone knew about it. Surprisingly enough, it doesn't even have 13,000 ratings on Goodreads. I was just like, what? The Darkest Minds is an amazing book! It's about kids with mind powers and such. It's one of my favourites as well and deserves way more hype than it has.

15990969Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

In one of her posts, Richa said she wanted to start this series. Well Richa, now you have too! *evil laugh* This book was so so so cute. Like I can't even express how cute it is. I don't think I've ever giggled so much in my life. So it's pretty clear by now, this is one of my top books as well. I still haven't read the third book but I will soon. I hope you love this one too Richa.
345627
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Alright, to be honest, this is a pretty crappy book. HOWEVER, it's the start to an AMAZING series. It's also the start to the absolutely fantastic spin-off series Bloodlines. Even though Vampire Academy might be a bit slow and boring, I think most people can agree that each book gets better and better. It's the same with the Bloodlines series too. So Richa, even though this is the only one on the list, I hope you can read all of them one day!

7812659
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

I realise that most book bloggers read YA and all but I just had to throw in a Nicholas Sparks book. Even though I haven't read anything by him in a long time, his books still have a place in my heart. Richa hasn't read any Nicholas Sparks so I decided that my favourite book by him is Safe Haven. If anyone has to read a Nicholas Sparks book, it should be this one. 

I know that lots of people enjoy this book and the previous four as well! Good luck Richa and thank you for letting my invade your blog! 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, I just popped over from Music Plus books. I would love to do this challenge with a fellow blogger friend of mine too! What a great idea :) I agree VA gets better as the series continues. It really clicked for me in book 3 and I love Bloodlines!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richa! I loved all the books you chose for me. I'm so excited to read them all. I've heard so many great things about all of them. I'm definitely ready to get onto the JLA bandwagon! Thank you Richa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh my friend loves Nicholas Sparks and I've seen many great reviews for Ten Tiny Breaths. I really hope Richa can read them soon because a lot of these are really highly praised :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised that The Darkest Minds isn't more popular on Goodreads! I've not read it but I seem to think I've seen it mentioned a lot somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! And exciting for Richa to find out what new books to love. :) I'm happy to see The Darkest Minds in your list - I loved it too, and I think more people should read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!