Monday, 23 December 2013

Best Books I've Read in 2013


Hi everyone! This is the first year I'm participating in this Top 10 event hosted by Jaime @ Two Chicks on Books, Rachel @ Fiktshun, and Mindy @ Magical Urban Fantasy Reads. This event will last from Monday December 23rd to Friday December 27th.

It's definitely going to be hard to come up with only 10 books for each category, but I'll manage. Today's topic is... Best Books I've Read in 2013! Some of these won't come as a surprise to many of you, as I've probably talked about them a lot. Also, if I've already posted a review of the book, I'll link it to the titles.

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare


This one is fairly obvious and I think I've mentioned it a LOT everywhere so I've got nothing more to say :)

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner



Ahhh such a beauty of a book. Loved everything about this one, and it's definitely cemented my love of sci-fi.

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas



Didn't expect this one to be so amazing but it really was! One of the best 2013 debuts I've read, and I'm dying for the next one.

The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa


Oh god this book. Cue the tears and laughter and anger and just.. everything. This would get a prize for the best/worst cliffhanger ever.

Alienated by Melissa Landers



A 2014 favourite! I've read this twice already and the book isn't even out. Loved the concept and the awesome characters. I want me an Aelyx!

Erased by Jennifer Rush


Altered came out this year but I got the chance to read its sequel too! And it totally blew me away, so I insist that everyone read this series.


Crash into You by Katie McGarry



My favourite of the series so far! Filled with danger, awesome romance, and extremely lovable characters.

Sekret by Lindsay Smith


I've never read anything like this before, and I was so pleasantly surprised by it. So much suspense and action! A 2014 debut you don't want to miss.

Champion by Marie Lu



*Sigh* Just finished this one a few days ago. My review will be up soon! Such a beautiful ending to the series. Heartbreaking, but beautiful.

Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Of course I have to have a JLA book here! I decided to pick Sentinel, because I'm limiting this to YA only. An amazing conclusion to a series I've loved for so long, and I'm beyond thrilled for the spin-off.


And there you have it! Those are my top 10 books of the year. Not in order, except for maybe the first two. I was thinking of doing some honourable mentions, but scrapped that because I'd probably add like twenty of them and that would defeat the purpose.

What do you guys think of my list? Did you love these too?

10 comments:

  1. Oh...there are a couple on your list that I'll be reading really soon! These Broken Stars, The Burning Sky and Champion. I really liked Clockwork Princess only I felt like the end was too convenient. And OMG! I need to read The Iron Traitor too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Broken Stars was one of those books that almost made my list. Such a great and exciting book! And I was just saying on another post, I can't believe I somehow forgot about Clockwork Princess! Such a great finale. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I still haven't read any of these, but I've heard great things about them, and I'm really looking forward to The Burning Sky & Alienated :)

    And I haven't heard about Sekret until now, so thanks for the recommendation, I've add it on my wishlist :)

    My Top 10 of 2013 List

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp* You've read Alienated! Yes, another person that's read Alienated and loved it! I swear I'm getting more and more excited for that book, which I really didn't think was possible! :D

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read Clare's books and the Legend series! Yay for These Broken Stars! What a great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Burning Sky. <3 Loved it so much too. Loved a few of these books as well :D Amazing list sweetie. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list loved The Burning Sky and These Broken Stars I read Alienated too but I have that on my 2014 list ! Thanks so much for taking part in the Top 10 of 2013! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your Top 10’s :D
    Hugs,
    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crash Into You is the only book on your list that I read. It didn't make my top ten, but it came close. :) I have a feeling I'm going to see a lot of These Broken Stars, The Burning Sky, and Clockwork Princess on people's lists! They look really good--and I have copies of each, so I can see what all the fuss is about sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many good ones on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the Burning Sky yet. I've heard so many mixed things about it. I'm going to give it a try once I get more of a break in my reading. But I love the cover (both the ARC and the final cover). I'm reading Alienated in a few weeks and I can't wait. I've been SO excited about this book!

    I am sad I didn't include a JLA book but there were just too many books I loved that it was hard for me to choose just one of hers so I opted not to put any. I haven't read Champion yet. I have it but I'm just afraid to read it. I don't want this series to end so I'm putting it off.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!