Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Best Book Covers of 2013


Today is the second day of the Top Ten of 2013 event, and if you don't know what exactly it is, check out my first post yesterday, on my top ten best books of 2013.

Today's topic is best book covers. Again, this will be hard to narrow down. I'm going to stick with the books I've read, because I don't really want to feature the ones I haven't picked up yet, regardless of whether they have a beautiful cover.

Splintered by A.G. Howard


Definitely my favourite 2013 cover! The fantasy elements of the book are all in there and it's so pretty to look at 

Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike


Another amazing 2013 cover. So much better than the other version of it!

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare


Ahh, my favourite book of the year. Also with an amazing cover. That's totally how I pictured Tessa and I love the background too.

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi


I read this one last year but since it's a 2013 release I can feature it on this list. And I'm so glad I can, because honestly this series has some of the best YA covers I've ever seen.

Taken by Erin Bowman


Aren't the colours just beautiful on this one? The cover of its sequel is just as awesome, and I hope the book will be as well.

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


How could I not feature this one? Those stars omg. And the dress looks really cool too, flying about like that.

Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Another series with super awesome covers. I love how each of them features a flower that means something in the book. And I like the fieriness of this one :)

Unbreathable by Hafsah Laziaf


Hafsah designed this cover herself, which I think is amazing. I love how she's done it, and the font and colours look awesome together.

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle


Though the book wasn't that great, it's definitely the cover that first attracted me to it. I really love the colours and the way they blend, plus the silhouette of the couple is really cute.

Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris


Another instance where I love the colours involved. Plus, Janelle and Ben look pretty badass on this.

So this wasn't as hard to narrow down as I thought, but I did have to let go of a few covers that I thought were really awesome too. Anyway, what do you think of these covers? :)

9 comments:

  1. Ahh yay we have a couple of the same. Splintered is so pretty and I absolutely love the Apollyon cover. And These Broken Stars is just stunning. Love your list!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Splintered will be on a lot of lists! Love all those covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four of those are on my own list, including Unbreathable. Hafsah did an amazing job with her cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splintered is featured in a lot of lists,I guess.I love your choices,especially Earthbound,Taken and Through the Evernight.

    Mishma @ As the page turns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice selection of covers. I see lots of Splintered, These Broken Stars, Unbreathable, love today. Come check out what I picked.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taken, Clockwork Princess and Through the Ever Night made my list too!

    My Best Cover picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hated The Infinite Moment of Us, but the cover is pretty great! I have Splintered, but haven't read it yet. The covers of the books in that series are colorful! I can't wait to see book three's covers :D

    Happy holidays!

    Check out my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful covers great picks! Thanks so much for taking part in the Top 10 of 2013! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your Top 10’s :D
    Hugs,
    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, I too love the cover for Splintered :D Great post sweetie. <3
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!