Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2013 Wrap-Up Post

Hi guys! I hope 2013's been as fantastic for you as it's been for me. 2013 has been my first full blogging year! And by that I mean I've blogged from January to December. So I think that's a pretty cool accomplishment for me (Y)

Also, I have published 367 posts on the blog this year. My goal was 365, so I'm really happy I've reached it. I'm not going to count how many reviews I've posted because that's just time-consuming. But I'm almost at 200 reviews total on the blog, and most of those have been written and published this year. I've read a total of 234 books, so I've completed my Goodreads challenge of 200 :) 

This year I also participated in and completed five 2013 reading challenges. If you click on the 2013 Challenges tab up there, you can see which ones I did and the books I've read for each. Next year, though, I'm sticking to just two. IB exams and university will be taking up a lot of my time! Speaking of university, I just found out exactly 2 weeks ago that I got accepted to my top choice and dream uni, so that's the best news I've heard in a long time! That also means I will be moving to the US next fall, so I can finally attend book signings xD

I also co-hosted a virtual book event this year, with one of my bffs Rabiah @ Confessions of a Readaholic! Called Books That Glow: YA & MG 2013. It consisted of reviews, giveaways, guest posts and interviews. We're extending it to 2014 as well, though, since we couldn't post all the reviews this year. After all, over 100 authors signed up! That's a lot of blogging to do :) So look out for some BTG2013 reviews and maybe other features in 2014 as well!

2013 has been a year of endings - We've had to say goodbye to so many amazing series and trilogies this year. The Infernal Devices, Delirium, Gone, Divergent, Covenant and Legend to name a few. Some amazing endings, some... not so good *cough* Allegiant *cough*
Anyway, this has also been a year of some awesome new beginnings. The 2013 debut authors are all fantastic, and I can't wait to read the sequels to their books next year. As well as check out the 2014 debuts! I've read quite a few already, and they were all amazing.

If you want to know my top ten reads, etc., you can find them all at the links below. I participated in the Top 10 of 2013 event hosted by Jaime, Rachel and Mindy, which was a lot of fun!



I've had such an amazing time reading and blogging and getting to know the blogging community this year. And I most definitely will continue next year. Hopefully I'll find the time once university starts!


Happy New Year, everyone 

2 comments:

  1. Wooowww! Congratulations on everythingg! You've achieved so many great things. Let's hope for bigger and greater in 2014! Happy new year Richa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laura! <3 And Happy New Year to you too :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!