Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #48: Forged

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Forged by Jennifer Rush


Title: Forged (Altered #0.5)
Author: Jennifer Rush
Release date: December 3rd 2013
Publisher: Little, Brown Books
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

Before Anna and Sam, there was Dani and Sam.

There's one rule that all Branch operatives must live by: No attachments. When Dani O'Brien entered the Branch, she planned to trade her freedom so that her family could have a better life. But joining up with the mysterious organization is more than she bargained for. Branch head Connor watches over her closely--too closely. The training is brutal, the experiments are secret, and the missions promise to be anything but ordinary. The only thing getting Dani through each day is the hope that she'll run into Sam--a young man, about her age, who wears the world on his shoulders.

Find out how it all began in this short-story prequel to Jennifer Rush's thrilling and suspenseful Altered series.

I know I've previously never featured novellas as my WoW before, but I've decided to do that now. So the next few WoWs here will all be novellas, because I'm embracing the change! I'm super stoked for Forged, because the Altered series is one of my favourite series ever. I was lucky enough to have read an ARC of Erased, the second book, and I loved it. I can't wait to find out more about Dani and Sam in this one! Plus, I seriously can't stop staring at that cover O.O


13 comments:

  1. Ooh I didn't know there was gonna be a novella! I loved Altered:) Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Altered. <3 though I need to re-read it.. Great pick. <3 cannot wait for this short story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Altered yet but I've only heard good things of it so I hope to someday :) great pick!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://kleinbrina.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/waiting-on-wednesday-20/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. These covers are EPIC. :D I haven't read this series yet, but I plan to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear god.......................... that cover kills me. Wowowowow. I still haven't read Altered :( I will soon!!!!! A really amazing pick. I didn't even know there was a novella!!

    I hope you enjoy it!
    - Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard such good things about this series but haven't managed to read Altered :( Hopefully soon... And the covers are amazing!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy cover!! Sounds like a great Novella!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Altered yet, but I do hope you enjoy this one. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cover OMG I love it! I have been meaning to start this series forever now! Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES. THIS ONE. I need this book in my life. I also need Erased.
    Great, great pick & thanks for stopping by my WoW! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!