Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #11: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Sci-Fi Lovers

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it features top ten lists of various topics.

If you know me, you'll know I'm a huge sci-fi/dystopian lover. So this week I decided to come up with a list of my favourite YA sci-fi books I'd recommend. Not going to mix dystopian with this though, just pure sci-fi. So I'll tell you in advance, there are a lot of books featuring aliens below!


1. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner


This is definitely one of my favourite sci-fi novels of the year. I finished my ARC within a day, which I think is pretty commendable since it's a freaking long book, almost 500 pages! And every page is amazing.

2. Alienated by Melissa Landers


I have no doubt this will be one of the top 2014 debuts. I'm so glad I received an ARC of this, and I'm already planning on re-reading it before the release date of the book. Sci-fi lovers, make sure you get this one when it comes out!

3. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill


I read this one recently, quite a bit after most others did, but I was so happy I finally got around to reading it, because it completely blew my mind. It involves time travel, guys! I'm a total sucker for time travel novels, and in my opinion there just aren't enough of them in YA fiction.

4. Altered by Jennifer Rush


Another one of my favourite 2013 reads. What makes it even more awesome is that it's a debut and it's written so well. I loved the original concept and the amazing characters. The sequel to this, Erased, is even better. So if you haven't picked this one up yet, get to it!

5. Across the Universe by Beth Revis


If you haven't read this book yet, I'm shaking my head at you right now in sorrow. Because sci-fi lover or not, you HAVE to read this one. It's one of those YA novels you can't not read, if you know what I mean. This will always remain one of my favourite sci-fi series of all time.

6. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris


I'm realizing that all the books I'm featuring are among my top reads of the year I read them, which makes perfect sense since this is my favourite genre. Anyway, Unraveling is totally badass and features the mysterious concept of alternate universes. Sounds amazing, doesn't it? It really is.

7. Gravity by Melissa West


I read this one quite a while after it came out, right before I read my ARC of Hover, actually. It's about aliens, but it's a really unique take on it. There's so much intensity in these books, and so much beauty as well.

8. The Host by Stephenie Meyer


Regardless of how I feel about the Twilight series, I can't deny that I love this book. It's one of the first YA sci-fi novels I read (okay, possibly the first) and I've re-read it so many times since then. I love the writing, the characters and the story. This is another one of those YA books everyone should have read by now. It's nothing like Twilight, trust me!

9. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza


This book should totally get more recognition, because it's a phenomenal sci-fi debut. I fell in love with it when I read it, and I'm still very impatient for the sequel despite the fact that I read this early on in the year.

10. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


And finally, The 5th Wave. Another book about aliens, but again extremely unique. I love seeing how authors take the common concept of alien invasions and make it their own. I just recently read this one as well, and couldn't believe I waited so long to pick it up. Again, I'm dying for the sequel now!

And that concludes my list of recommendations for sci-fi lovers. BUT. This is a recommendation list for ALL YA fiction readers! Even if you're not a huge fan of sci-fi, you have to read these, they're the best you'll find. Leave a comment about your thoughts on my list, and link me your lists so I can visit you :)

16 comments:

  1. So many of these I need to get to... but LOVE These Broken Stars <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited for These Broken Stars. I am yet to read the Fifth Wave and Unraveling and Altered but I so wan to. great list!
    here's our TTT

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of these I want to read myself. Alienated, I can't even begin to say how much I loved that book!! After I finished my ARC I immediately went and pre-ordered myself a copy. I also loved These Broken Stars. Quite a few of the others are ones that I am still desperate to read. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your list is basically my TBR right now lol. Gravity, Across The Universe, All Our Yesterdays, Alienated, These Broken Stars ... all books I'm dying to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alienated and All our yesterdays are on my TBR priorty!! OMG lovely list! Almost all of these books are on my TBR and I'm really looking forward to reading those! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO many of these are books I am dying to read! The 5th Wave and Alienated especially! I adored These Broken Stars. Great list!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read so many of these awesome books! Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks, I loved Mila and ATU, AOY was also awesome. I didn't like Gravity though. Still, great list! I can't wait to start These Broken Stars :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many of these I want! great choices

    ReplyDelete
  10. I´ve read and loved All Our Yesterdays and Unraveling and they´re amazing. thanks for sharing.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only read Across the Universe, The Host, and Te 5th Wave from this list, and they are all great books! I don't consider myself a big fan of sci-fi, but I'm really excited about reading pretty much all of the books you listed, especially These Broken Stars.

    Thank you for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't read much sci-fi but I LOVED All Our Yesterday! The complex fast paced plotline with intriguing characers were what made me so addicted to that book. The 5th Wave was okay for me, but I'm really looking forward to it's sequel. Great picks :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many good ones and so many I need to read! I loved The 5th Wave and These Broken Stars. I definitely need to catch up and read Across the Universe. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really great list, girly! I agree on so many - These Broken Stars was pretty good, and I am in LOVE with All Our Yesterdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a big fan of Sci-fi but I do own a couple of the books you mentioned (Across the Universe and Mila 2.0) I may have to give them a try! :) Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Across the Universe is the only one that I've read from your list, although I do have a few of these that I hope to get to soon. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!