Saturday, 2 November 2013

In My Mailbox #20


In My Mailbox is a meme previously hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren and now hosted by The Mod Podge Bookshelfwhich allows us to share the books we’ve bought, borrowed and received.

This has got to be one of my favourite IMMs on account of the awesomeness I got :D
Oh, and I apologize in advance for the overload of pictures. I couldn't help it!

Bought


I bought the Divergent & Insurgent box set last Tuesday because I just needed paperbacks of these amazing books along with that of Allegiant. I've already read Allegiant now, and I don't want to say anything here. But HERE is my spoiler-ish post filled with my thoughts on the book and the series as a whole!
The bookstore kindly gave me a free copy of The Path to Allegiant along with my purchase :)


These are the contents of the box set in its entirety. Divergent, Insurgent, and The World of Veronica Roth's Divergent Series booklet. Along with The Path to Allegiant booklet I got :) Don't they all look amazing? The Path to Allegiant and The World of Divergent booklets both have a lot of overlapping content, which I didn't know, but I loved the stuff in them regardless. The explanations behind everything, the faction manifestos, and the faction quiz.

And the Tuesday after, which was this Tuesday, I went and bought the Allegiant paperback! Sometimes I love living outside the US because we get special international paperback editions of books that aren't sold in places like the US or UK :D


Isn't that Allegiant paperback gorgeous? Also, the bookstore gave me ANOTHER free booklet of The Path to Allegiant, since it was a different cashier this time and she didn't know I already had it. So yeah, I have two now :) She also gave me this really cool booklet of Teardrop by Lauren Kate, which I'm dying to read. This booklet has an excerpt, and I loved it.

So here are my beautiful paperbacks of the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, side by side. I adore them so much, even though I really hated so many parts of Allegiant :/



For Review/Blog Tour



Destiny by Cindy Ray Hale^
Mine by Katy Evans*^
For Real by Chelsea M. Cameron^
The Almost Girl by Amalie Howard*
Shadowplay by Laura Lam*

^ARCs received for blog tour
*ARCs from NetGalley (thanks Gallery Books and Strange Chemistry!)

I quite liked Destiny and For Real. They were good and enjoyable, but nothing exceptional. Look out for my reviews of them during my tour stops :)

I just read Mine, which is the sequel to Real, and absolutely loved it! It's seriously amazing and I'm now dying for the next one. My review will be up on the 6th of November.

I was so excited when I got The Almost Girl and Shadowplay from NetGalley. The Almost Girl sounds so amazing, and I love sci-fi so I can't wait to read this. And OMG Shadowplay! It's the sequel to Pantomime, which is one of the best 2013 debuts I've read. If you haven't read that one yet, get to it soon!

Received from authors


Signed postcard of If You Leave by Courtney Cole! Thank you so much for this, Courtney. I love it! And it's so cool that it's actually signed to me xD
Click on the picture if you want to read the awesome teaser on the postcard!


Crash into You bookmark and Dare You To ribbon bookmark from Katie McGarry!
Sorry for the crappy quality on this, but I love these so much 
I got these just a few days ago, on the same day my review of Crash into You went up on the blog :)
Thank you so much for sending these, Katie! I heart you.

Well, that's what I got in the past couple of weeks. What do you think of my haul? Comment and link me yours so I can visit you back!

17 comments:

  1. I got The Almost Girl as well. I'm excited for that one because it's my first book from Strange Chemistry. Love the cover for it too. Come check out my stack too.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul :-) I love your Divergent series books. I'm currently reading Allegiant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have Allegiant and the Almost Girl. I hope we both enjoy them :) Great haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome Divergent package! I hope you'll enjoy all your reads this week, Richa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover for Mine! I hope you liked it as much as the first book :D The boxed sets are so awesome! I still need to pick up a boxed set of Harry Potter... I hope you enjoy all of these, Richa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I'm scared to read Allegiant because of the reviews and I love the first two books. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get my copy of Allegiant! Enjoy your books.
    Here is My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, so much awesome :D Jealous. <3 I really want the Path to Allegiant. Sigh. Hope you enjoy everything sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also read Allegiant, I really hated it if I am honest, not because of the ending - by the end I didn't really care how it ended as long as it just ended. I thought there were just too many plot holes and lack of action. But I still think Divergent is one of my all time favourite books! Enjoy all your reads. My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so behind, I haven't even read Insurgent yet! Basically, every time I see Allegiant I have to scroll really quickly just in case. Happy reading :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haul, Richa! I still don't know what to feel about Allegiant... Why, V. Roth, WHY. I hope that you enjoy the books you got and happy reading! WHOOT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul. I really need to read the Divergent series! Hope you enjoy everything!

    Here's my Bookish Buys

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! You got copies of all three books in the Divergent series! I haven't read Allegiant yet, but my copy is on its way. I hope you enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Allegiant is gorgeous, I wish you enjoyed it more :(
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice box set! I just got a signed hardback of Allegiant so I want to buy the other two to complete my collection but I'm going to wait a little while and try to find a good sale. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by Some Like It Paranormal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!