Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #41: Shadowplay

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Shadowplay by Laura Lam


Title: Shadowplay (Pantomime #2)
Author: Laura Lam
Release date: January 4th 2014
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

The circus lies behind Micah Grey in dust and ashes.

He and the white clown, Drystan, take refuge with the once-great
magician, Jasper Maske. When Maske agrees to teach them his trade, his embittered rival challenges them to a duel which could decide all of their fates. People also hunt both Micah and the person he was before the circus--the runaway daughter of a noble family. And Micah discovers there is magic and power in the world, far beyond the card tricks and illusions he's perfecting...

A tale of phantom wings, a clockwork hand, and the delicate unfurling of new love, Shadowplay continues Micah Grey’s extraordinary journey.


Isn't this cover just gorgeous? I love it more than that of Pantomime, which is really cool too! I'm really excited for this one because I adored Pantomime, and I can't wait to see what happens to Micah next. This is one YA series I think everyone should read, because it's just so unique.

12 comments:

  1. A nice pick! I still need to read Pantomime, I love the covers of this series.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is so pretty.

    New GFC follower.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa.. I hadn't heard of this series before but it looks fantastic!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even seen the cover of Pantomime but I agree that this cover looks good. Thanks for sharing!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-68-oblivion.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sold! I will check out Pantomime today! Thanks for sharing Richa!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cover, yes! Sounds interesting :D Great pick. <3 Hope you will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier! I haven't read book 1 yet, but the series looks good.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look crazy good! That cover is amaze. Love it. Haven't read anything by this author but maybe I should!?

    Dee @ Dee's Reads
    Dee @ Dee's Reads
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Pantomine yet. I hope you'll be able to pre-read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen the first book but OoooOoo this cover looks awesome! I'll have to check these books out soon

    - Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read the first one yet! ugh! But lovely cover for book 2!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!