Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #8: Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and it features top ten lists of various topics.

Some of you may be surprised to see a TTT post here. That's because my last TTT post was in December 2012! Yeah, it's been almost a year since the last time I did this. I don't know why, because I loved doing these. Okay, it was definitely because of school. The IB is a killing machine.

Anyway, this week's topic is a fun one, and it's set in a perfect world where the producers or directors won't butcher the books. So here's my list! Of course, I'm not including books that are already planned to be movies. That I know of, at least.


1. Altered by Jennifer Rush

I can totally picture this book as a movie, and its sequel, Erased, too. These books have got this amazing premise and are jam-packed with action. I can already imagine Altered as a movie, and I really really hope it happens someday.


2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi



The amazing world created in this book makes me believe it would make an amazing movie. Or even a TV show, with Through the Ever Night and Into the Still Blue incorporated into it as well. I think dystopian books look awesome on the big screen. Example The Hunger Games, Divergent, Ender's Game... They're all on the big screen because people think they would look amazing.


3. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris



This is one of my favourite sci-fis ever, and just the concept of the multiverse would make this movie totally sellable. Plus, it's also got one of the best female heroines ever. Janelle Tenner is totally kick-ass and I'd love to actually see all of this happen before my eyes.


4. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner



I loved this book so so much. Another incredibly amazing sci-fi which would look totally epic on screen. A movie based on this would be a hit if they did it right. I can guarantee it.


5. Out of Play by Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry



 I realize this is the first contemporary on my list. And it's one of my favourites ever. Really engaging characters and dialogue, plus two of the best YA characters I've encountered. I'd definitely love to see this book become a movie.


6. Ghost Hand by Ripley Patton



This book, I think, would make a great TV show with its sequel, Ghost Hold and upcoming books in the series. It's got that drama and action as well as sweet romance that characterizes a good TV show.


7. Arclight by Josin L. McQuein



I finished this one recently, and absolutely loved it. The world created in this book is so fantastic, and I have no doubt people would love it on a screen. It would be pretty challenging to transform some parts of this book to a screen, but if it's done well, I'd love to see it.


8. Gone by Michael Grant



I can't believe this hasn't already been made into a movie or TV show. Because honestly, it's got everything. And this whole series would be great as a TV show. Each book could be a season, quite easily. Just add a whole bunch of other stuff to  them to make episodes last longer. I can totally imagine this as a show, and I'd definitely watch it.


9. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins



Two words - Kaidan Rowe. I'd kill to see him portrayed perfectly on the big screen. This book has such an awesome concept, I know people would want to see this if it were a movie. I think a lot of trilogies would make great movies, since it's the perfect amount of movies to capture and keep people's attention on it. I really hope the film rights to this book are sold soon!


10. Frigid by J. Lynn



I haven't added any NAs yet, but I just had to add this because come on guys, who hasn't thought Frigid would make an incredibly awesome movie? It's practically perfect for a movie! Plus Kyler would make it totally worth everything. The swoony romance paired with suspense and danger is the perfect kind of summer movie.

So that's my list! What do you think? Would you want to see these made into movies and TV shows as well, or are there others you would want more? Leave a comment and link me yours so I can visit you back :)

16 comments:

  1. I love you a little ;-) And Penny thinks you kick ass, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! I have Under the Never Sky on my list too! And I came SO CLOSE to putting Frigid, but I didn't. Bad me! I sadly have had Altered, Sweet Evil,and Unraveling on my TBR forever but still haven't read them! And I also have Out of Play and These Broken Stars from NG that I still need to review! Great list Richa!

    Mine will go up in a couple of hours. :)

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Ghost Hand supporter, so props for that. Can I suggest a graphic novel? If so, the Adventures of Nikolai Dante as a TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Under the Never Sky on my list too - it really would be so awesome, wouldn't it? Sweet Evil and Frigid would be good movies too. Great list!

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. Altered would be such a good movie! These Broken Stars also sounds amazing and I want to read it soon. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read Altered but I am excited about it because people seem to really enjoy it! :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a few books here that I haven't read yet but These Broken Stars is one that I've had my eye on. Here's my TTT
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/09/top-ten-tuesday-12-books-i-would-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO many new boos to add to my TBR list.... AH! Love this!

    My Top Ten This Week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Altered lover! There seem to be so few people talking about this book it makes me overly happy to see it mentioned now. And I have never heard of Out of Play. I'll have to look into that one.

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Evil is my number one for a tv show! I couldn't think of something more suited for television. I want it to happen so badly!!!! Great list, and I can't wait to read These Broken Stars. Glad it's good enough to make your Top Ten this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, of course you know that I definitely agree with UtNS! I have had These Broken Stars in my possession now for a few months, but I'm waiting to read it and so I'm excited that you liked it well enough to want it on the screen! Arclight would be amazing as well :) Love the list!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I forget about Sweet Evil? (I'm fanning myself just thinking about Kai. Under the Never Sky would be awesome as a movie, I can imagine all the special effects!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got These Broken Stars in my possession that I need to read. Also, several of these are on my TBR list! Great list and thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, how could I forget about Altered and Unraveling? Those two would look AMAZING as a movie. And These Broken Stars would probably sell out. ;D
    Awesome list & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!