Thursday, 12 September 2013

Review: Finding It by Cora Carmack

Title: Finding It (Losing It #3)
Author: Cora Carmack
Release date: October 1st 2013
Publisher: William Morrow Books
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eARC
Pages: 216
Source: Edelweiss

Most girls would kill to spend months traveling around Europe after college graduation with no responsibility, no parents, and no-limit credit cards. Kelsey Summers is no exception. She's having the time of her life...or that's what she keeps telling herself.

It's a lonely business trying to find out who you are, especially when you're afraid you won't like what you discover. No amount of drinking or dancing can chase away Kelsey's loneliness, but maybe Jackson Hunt can. After a few chance meetings, he convinces her to take a journey of adventure instead of alcohol. With each new city and experience, Kelsey's mind becomes a little clearer and her heart a little less hers. Jackson helps her unravel her own dreams and desires. But the more she learns about herself, the more Kelsey realizes how little she knows about Jackson.



Finding It is Cora's best novel yet. Her books just keep getting better and better, seriously! I can't believe this is it for the Losing It companion novels. I love this NA world that Cora created, and I love immersing myself in it. But I just found out that Jackson Hunt is getting his own novella after this book comes out, and I'm totally dying of impatience! Jackson... *swoon* Okay, back to Finding It. Verdict? Absolutely fantastic. I can't say any more than that to describe this beauty of a novel.

This book follows Bliss's best friend, Kelsey. If you remember her from Losing It, you'll know that she's very different from Bliss. In fact, she and Bliss were poles apart in Losing It. Bliss has loosened up since then, but Kelsey's the same. She's traveling Europe in this book, just because she feels like. She wants to explore different cities and countries, and she just wants to get away from her parents and the pressure they put on her. She lives her life without a care in the world. At least, until she meets Jackson Hunt. Gorgeous and mysterious, he takes her breath away from the start. And Kelsey finds herself with a figurative partner in crime. They set off on an amazing journey together, but what brings them closer will also pull them apart. And both have secrets that they can't let the other know. Of course, all hell breaks loose when the cat's out of the bag. And that's my favourite part!

Kelsey immediately sets herself apart from any other protagonist I've read about. She's very laid-back, she knows how to have fun, and she's not afraid to do anything wild. She's the kind of girl others are jealous of, and the kind that guys pine after. But the real Kelsey hides behind this facade, and no one's been able to see past it until Jackson comes along. I could really empathize with Kelsey, because she makes it easy to do that. You can't help but feel for her. At no point did I dislike her or find faults with her. Yeah, she's got baggage and she's definitely not perfect, but who is? I love that Kelsey has this strong determination to her, and this real innate charm than no one can resist.

And Jackson? I'll try not to gush in this review but no promises. Guys, Jackson Hunt is irresistible. It's a guarantee. Right from the start, you'll fall for him. And you'll be sucked in so deep you won't want to get out. Jackson is ex-military and so damn swoon-worthy. And so sweet, too. He takes care of Kelsey when he barely knows her, and then decides to go on a spontaneous trip with her all over Europe. I love how amazing they are together! They're just so comfortable around each other so soon, and you can tell that they click immediately. Jackson's now one of my top NA guys, right up there with Cade from Faking It and Cam from Wait for You by J. Lynn. I seriously want to re-read this book just for him.

Finding It addresses issues way more serious than in the previous two books. The content is both heavier and lighter at the same time. On the one hand, you've got both Kelsey's and Jackson's damaged pasts and their secrets, but on the other hand you've got their amazingly fun Europe excursion. It was awesome to read about places like Prague and Rome, especially since they've always fascinated me but I have no idea if I would find myself visiting them. Reading this book made me feel like I was actually there with Kelsey and Jackson, which is what Cora always does with her books, and that makes her so much more epic in my eyes.

The best thing about Cora's novels is that you know that there's a happily ever after and you look forward to it, but you have no idea how it'll come about, with the complications between the characters. The journey they take in this one, physically and mentally, is incredible. To those of you who haven't had a chance to pick up one of Cora's books yet, I highly encourage you to do that ASAP. You won't ever read anything like this, trust me! Cora's books are in a genre of their own, and they're so distinctive that you can immediately figure that out when you're reading one. Finding It blew my mind with its badass protagonists, and now I'm eagerly waiting on Jackson's novella!

*Thank you to HarperCollins for providing an ARC for review*

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!