Saturday, 7 September 2013

In My Mailbox #16


In My Mailbox is a meme previously hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren and now hosted by The Mod Podge Bookshelfwhich allows us to share the books we’ve bought, borrowed and received.

This IMM will feature most of the books I've got for the past 3 weeks. I say 'most' because I probably won't end up remembering them all! But I'm so freaking excited about some of the HarperCollins titles I just downloaded a couple days ago from Edelweiss :)

Bought


Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Oh my god, guys. I loved this one so much. And it left me so freaking impatient for the final book, Opposition. You can check out my review of Origin here!

I know this one isn't exactly book-related (more like movie related) but I'm very excited about it so I had to feature it here.



It's the Mortal Instruments mini kit! The picture isn't that great so I'll tell you guys what was in the amazing-looking box - 10 temporary rune tattoos, 2 TMI fridge magnets, 1 mini-book about the movie, and my personal favourite - an angelic rune necklace! I wear that thing every day now and I love it so much.

Won


Chaos by Christine O'Neil

Many thanks to Heather Riccio at Entangled Publishing for this one! It was a great paranormal read. Read my review of Chaos here :)


Gifted


Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

I received these two for my birthday a few weeks ago! I didn't ask for Clockwork Prince because I already had it. Yes, I know it's weird to own just the middle book of a trilogy. Which is why I wanted these two in paperback, so I can have the full trilogy on my bookshelf. And they look so pretty! This is one of my favourite series ever, and Clockwork Princess is my favourite 2013 book so far. I've written a full non-spoilery review which you can find here!

Received for Books That Glow: YA & MG 2013


ARC of The Liberator by Victoria Scott

I started freaking out when I saw this in my inbox! Thanks so much to Victoria Scott for sending me this. I loved The Liberator and Dante's awesomeness. I've already reviewed this one too, which you can read here.

For Review/Blog Tour






ARC of A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers*
ARC of Keeping Her by Cora Carmack*
ARC of Finding It by Cora Carmack*
ARC of Darker Days by Jus Accardo
ARC of The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa (from NetGalley)
ARC of Ghost Hold by Ripley Patton
ARC of Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi*
ARC of Death Sworn by Leah Cypess*
ARC of Wanderers by Susan Kim and Laurance Klavan*
ARC of Suddenly Royal by Nicole Chace*

*from Edelweiss (thanks HarperCollins!)

I love the review books I've got recently! Starting with the New Adult ones - A Little Too Far was amazing, it really was. I absolutely cannot wait for the next book. And I always love Cora's books so I have nothing to say about Keeping Her and Finding It, except for this - I'm sad to see the series end, but I can't wait for Hunt's novella.

And now to the YA. I received Darker Days as part of Entangled Teen's Ember Blog Tour, and I thought it was fantastic! An amazing start to the series. And guys OMG. Do you see that book in the middle? It's The Iron Traitor! Yes, that's right! I freaked out so much when I got accepted for it. I already finished reading it, and that ending just about killed me. But the entire book is a complete masterpiece, and I can't wait for everyone to read it. I also got Ghost Hold, the sequel to Ghost Hand, from Ripley Patton. My review (and giveaway) for that will be up soon.

This is an updated paragraph right here because I got the final four titles just a couple days ago and had to update my scheduled IMM post. BUT OMG GUYS. INTO THE STILL BLUE. I can't even... I have no words. Literally. I'm also freaking excited to read Wanderers, the sequel to Wasteland. And Death Sworn sounds awesome too! I was surprised to find Suddenly Royal on Edelweiss, but I'm happy it's there. It sounds like a fun NA read to me :)

And that's everything major from the past 3 weeks, I think! This has got to be my favourite IMM even though I've got no amazing JLA swag or anything this time. But I've got a whole lot of awesome books that I've read/can't wait to read, so yay :D
What do you think of the books I've got? Looking forward to any of them? Leave me a comment :)

32 comments:

  1. I need read the books of Cassandra Clare!
    leituramagnifica.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul of books. I see lots of great books in your pile this week. Still waiting to see if I get approved for Harper Teen titles from Edelweiss. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAHHHH INTO THE STILL BLUE !!!

    Awesome haul, Richa! So many books *jelly*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a lot of people who would be fangirling over your copy of Into The Still Blue, though I haven't read the series yet.

    Happy reading, hon! <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! Can't wait for Finding It, Into the Still Blue, and Death Sworn. Loved Keeping Her - Garrick is amazing!!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Happy reading!

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous haul! I absolutely adored Origin, the next book can't come soon enough. Darker Days was great and I can't wait to read Into the Still Blue, Death Sworn and Wanderers.

    Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get into the Lux series. I feel like everyone but me has read it! Hope you enjoy all the new books you got this wee. New bloglovin follower!
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try Cassandra Clare! One day! Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I really need to check out the Dante Walker books as I've heard amazing things about them (and him) :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Christy @ Christy's Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. INTO THE STILL BLUE? *dies* you lucky duck ;) Yay for full TID series in paperback! I really enjoyed Clockwork Princess, too. So happy you enjoyed Origin, I hope to enjoy this too once I receive this pretty. SOOOOO many amazing books! I hope you have a great time with all of these lovelies. Have a lovely weekend:)

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I am the only one who hasn't bought Origin yet. lol. Happy you loved the Liberator. I loved it...until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really want to read Finding It, I enjoyed the others so much. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow there are so many books on my TBR list up there. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that Darker Days cover. Every time I see it I want it! Hope the book itself is as good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is an awesome birthday present! my friends love the infernal devices series but unfortunately i haven't had the chance to pick them up yet. i'm currently reading a little too far and it's really good. happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Epic haul! I'm really glad you liked The Infernal Devices, but I didn't really like Clockwork Angel and that's why I have not read the rest of the books. I hope you enjoy Origin! A lot of people have been buying that book. The series must be really awesome.

    Here's my STS: http://littlebookstar.wordpress.com/2013/09/07/stacking-the-shelves-5/

    leigh

    ReplyDelete
  17. Origin was amazing, wasn't it? I want the final book, too, but also - it will be the last book, and what will I do then! When the Lux series is over. JLA is awesome.

    Anyway, enjoy your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Liberator was so good, loved Dante all over again! I have to catch up on the Lux series, I'm a couple of books behind. Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, you got some great books! I haven't read most of them, but I have heard good things about many of them.

    I also loved The Collector and Dante! I was just accepted into the V Mafia this week and I also bought The Liberator. :)

    Here's what books I got this week: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves-4-eight-is-great.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that TMI kit! And I can't wait to read A Little Too Far. Enjoy them all! :)

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool haul. Love the swag :)

    Happy reading!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eeeeep! Richa! I got those Harper books off Edelweiss too! I saw them and freaked out! LOL! And yay for Suddenly Royal! I personally loved that book!! I have Finding It for review too, so hopefully I can squeeze that in soon! I also loved A Little Too Far! I can't wait for the next one either! :D Happy reading girl!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't know Avon picked up Suddenly Royal, that's awesome! I hope you enjoy all of these, and Harper was so generous to put Into the Still Blue on Edelweiss, right?! Yay for us readers! Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahh, I hate that I'm not auto-approved for HarperCollins on Edelweiss :( HEARTBREAK. SO jealous :D Dying to read Into the Still Blue. <3 Hope you love it all sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome haul!

    Here's my STS: http://adventuresinreading16.blogspot.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves-10.html

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also got Origin! And I got a print ARC of Death Sworn last week. A Little Too Far is very good!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I got Origin and A Little Too Far as well recently :) Suddenly Royal was fab!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That TMI mini kit is soooo awesome :D
    I also requested Death Sworn and Suddenly Royal but haven't heard back yet... keeping my fingers crossed!
    Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many good books! I got Origin this week too. I cannot wait to read Into the Still Blue! I love the Liberator, I hope you do too.

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't wait to read The Liberator! I'm going to have to buy it when I get some spare reading time.

    And I can't wait to read Iron Traitor. Julie is one of my favorite authors, and I'm sure this is going to be fantastic.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! What a great haul you got over the last couple of weeks! I still haven't read any Cassandra Clare books but from what I hear, they are awesome. I really should give them a shot at some point. I have no luck with HarperCollins on Edelweiss. They never respond to any of them unless I'm part of a blog tour. *le sigh* I see you got WANDERERS! So lucky!

    Thanks for stopping by my pot. I'm following you on Bloglovin' now :)

    Christine @ The Bookish Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that mini kit you got. Lots of great looking books: Suddenly Royal, Finding It, Keeping Her, the clockworks books and more! Enjoy and Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!