Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #32: Cress

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Cress by Marissa Meyer


Title: Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Release date: February 4th 2014
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.

The cover of Cress was revealed a few days ago, and I love it! Don't you love it? I can't wait for this book. But 6 months away??! Crazyyy. Anyway, I can't wait to find out what Cinder and Scarlet are up to, and what Cress is like. Especially since I love the story of Rapunzel, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Marissa Meyer creates her own twist to it.



15 comments:

  1. I seriously need to start with this series. I have Cinder and I really hope I'll start the series as soon as this one comes out. Great pick!

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

    I loooove this series, and can not wait to read Cress. And when that gorgeous new front cover was revealed at long last, I was sooo happy and went crazy. The front cover fits with the synopsis so well, and it looks incredibly unique and eye-catching. Whoever designed it is very talented. The other covers are beautiful too. :)

    I am also really looking forward to seeing how Cinder and Scarlet are getting on. They are such amazing female leads. :)

    Amazing pick this week, Richa. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
    And it is a shame that we have to wait so long for this to be released to us, but I bet it'll be worth the long wait. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is popular today. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-59-fates-by-lanie.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't started the series yet but I'd love to give the books a try. Great pick and I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Cinder on my kindle, and haven't read it yet. I neeeeeed to start this series!!! Maybe i'll just wait til they're all out now. /sigh.

    -Beth
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly can't wait for this book either... but I also still have to read Scarlet (I know, I'm terrible). I loved Cinder, so I've been meaning to pick up Scarlet. I suppose I have some time to get it in before this comes out in February :)

    Here's my WoW post.
    - Chelsea @ Books Turn Brains

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG OMG!!! I've been trying so hard not to read Scarlet...I want to read it closer to when Cress is released.

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Waiting on Wednesdays
    WWW Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is one of our picks today! yay!! great minds think alike :)

    hope you can stop by our WoW.

    -michelle & leslie @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many people love this series. I must pick it up soon. At least 6 months isn't too long of a wait for the final book. Happy reading and thanks for visiting The Readers Den. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wooo! I have Scarlet waiting for me in my room from the library! I really enjoyed Cinder so I can't wait to continue the series! I love the cover for this!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW chica!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice! I can't wait for this either : )

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dying to read this one! I just know that I'm going to love it!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still haven't read Scarlet! I suck but I loved Cinder! This world is pretty brilliant...so I need to read Scarlet ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I am SO excited for this one! Scarlet was so, so good, and I can't wait to see what role Cress plays in all of this. This series is turning more and more complicated, and I'm LOVING it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigh. I NEED CRESS! Really, really need it. <3 Best pick! Hope we will both love it :) Though I'm sure we will. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!