Friday, 23 August 2013

Author Interview: Kimberly Ann Miller


Help me welcome Kimberly Ann Miller, author of Triangles, to City of Books today! I haven't had the chance to read Triangles yet, but it sounds absolutely amazing and I'm dying to get my hands on it!


Interview with Kimberly Ann Miller

As Triangles is your debut, what was the road to publishing like?


Long! I don’t think people realize how much goes into a book, from thought to publication. I started querying Triangles in March 2011! I got the offer of publication from Spencer Hill Press in February, 2012, and the book comes out in June, 2013. But it has been amazing, and Spencer Hill Press is a great company to work with. I couldn’t be happier with them and what they have done with Triangles!


What was the inspiration for your book?
My love for the island of Bermuda. It’s one of the safest, cleanest, nicest islands I’ve traveled to, and I’ve been to many islands in the Caribbean. The people are amazing, the sights rock, and the weather is beautiful. Plus, they have the Bermuda Triangle! I’ve cruised to Bermuda and stayed on the island and will go back soon—maybe even this summer. Also, I wanted to write something that hadn’t been done for the YA market, and the Bermuda Triangle seemed like a great idea!


What upcoming 2013 YA releases are you waiting on?
Lots of them! Jennifer Armentrout has books coming out for both her Lux and Covenant series that I want to read. I can’t wait for Allegiant, the last book in the Divergent series. Dare You To by Katie McGarry, Faking It by Cora Carmack, and Frigid by Jennifer Armentrout also top my list of books I can’t wait to read, though some of them are NA.

I love Jennifer Armentrout! And I absolutely loved Dare You To, Faking It, and Frigid! I'm also really looking forward to Allegiant, as well as Origin (Lux #4) and Sentinel (Covenant #5).


PICK THIS OR THAT:
Vanilla or Chocolate? Vanilla
TV or Movies? Movies
Series or Standalones? Series
Early Bird or Night Owl? Early bird


When you're not writing, what can you be found doing?

I love to read! I also enjoy watching movies, eating out, and hanging out around the internet.


Don't we all love those things ;) What can we anticipate from you next?

The companion novel to Triangles, Parallel Triangles, is in the works with Spencer Hill Press. I also have a young adult contemporary novel and a middle grade novel I’m querying. And once BEA is over, I plan on starting something new. Not sure what, but it will likely be YA!

Thank you so much, Kimberly, for taking the time to answer our questions :) I'm definitely looking forward to reading Triangles and Parallel Triangles!

About the author:

Kimberly Ann Miller received Bachelor's degrees from Georgian Court University and Rutgers University and a Master's degree from The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. She is an avid reader and particularly enjoys true crime and young adult novels. She grew up in New Jersey and currently resides in Monmouth County with her husband and three cats. When she’s not writing, she loves to travel to sunny islands where she snorkels by day and stargazes by night. She always takes her Nook with her.

Find Kimberly on:



About Triangles (Bermuda Triangle #1)

A cruise ship. A beautiful island. Two sexy guys. What could possibly go wrong?

In the Bermuda Triangle—a lot.

Hoping to leave behind the reminders of her crappy life--her father's death years ago, her mother's medical problems, and the loser who’s practically stalking her--seventeen-year-old Autumn Taylor hops on a ship with her sister for a little distraction. When she wakes up in the Bermuda Triangle, she fears she's gone nuts for more than one reason: that loser’s suddenly claiming they're a happy couple... a hot guy is wrapping his arms around her and saying "Happy Anniversary"... and suddenly, she’s full of bruises, losing her hair, and getting IV medication. Autumn visits the ship's doctor, hoping for a pill or a shot to make the craziness go away. Instead, she's warned that these "alternate realities" could become permanent.

She just has to ask herself one question—how the hell is she going to get out of this mess?

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous interview! I'm really intrigued by this novel. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. I enjoyed this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!