Thursday, 25 July 2013

Review: Northern Bites by Nikki Jefford

Title: Northern Bites (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #2)
Author: Nikki Jefford
Release date: July 30th 2013
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: New Adult Paranormal
Format: eARC
Pages: 220
Source: Author

Love bites.
Probation sucks.

Thanks to Dante’s recklessness, Aurora is now partners with Valerie: the redheaded, backstabbing vixen.

Dante is in full flirt mode. Fane’s tactics are more ruthless. Something carnal has awakened in Aurora and neither boy is helping tame her cravings.

When a member of the unit’s team is found dead, Aurora and Valerie are sent after a vampire in Sitka, but Aurora suspects the killer’s much closer to home.




Northern Bites has definitely satiated my vampire cravings for quite a while! This book has more Aurora being badass, more Valerie and her bitchiness, and my personal favourite, more Dante! Yeah, I think he's my favourite character now. It's impossible not to see his awesomeness from a mile away.

Okay so Aurora, Valerie, Noel and Dante have become a team. A team that is usually split into two, Aurora being stuck with Valerie. Even though Dante's trying to convince everyone that he works better with her. Aurora's been dealing with a lot, especially after the news from her father, and on top of that she has all these vampires to kill. Oh yeah, and she's developed a craving for blood. No big deal.

I loved the action and the badassery (I know it's not a word but it really works here) of the characters. They're tough, they're strong, and they're all ready to go. There's also a lot of surprises in this book. There's a new guy, Jared, who raises quite a few suspicions among the team. Things start getting out of hand when Aurora and Valerie are sent out on a mission with the newcomer.

Dante's been absolutely perfect in this book. I didn't really go all out for him in the first book, but in this one? Dante all the way! He's awesome - he makes Aurora laugh, he keeps her motivated, and he can be freaking sexy when he wants to be. I loved his interaction with Aurora! Especially their 'date'. You'll find out when you read the book! Fane isn't that much in this book, and I was initially disappointed by that, but at the end? I'm so mad at him! I don't want to give anything away, of course, but let's just say we get some nasty surprises. And now I really can't wait for the next book. I need to know what happens!

I was quite frustrated at Aurora and Fane's lack of communication, because I think that would have helped a lot initially. But we'll see how things play out in the next book. Because I was left reeling at a scene near the end! There are so many twists in this one. Honestly, you'll never see any of them coming. And that's what I really liked about Northern Bites - its unpredictability. Oh yeah, and this is definitely New Adult, just to let you know. There's quite a vivid dream scene in this, which... well, I'd rather not say anything. But it was steamy as hell!

All in all, Northern Bites is an awesome sequel to Transfusion. There was definitely none of the second book syndrome that people talk about. I finished this within a day, I was that riveted by it! For all the vamp lovers out there - you guys have to start this series. You won't regret it.

*Thank you to Nikki Jefford for providing me with an ARC for review*

Rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!