Sunday, 28 July 2013

Review: Don't Bite the Bridesmaid by Tiffany Allee

Title: Don't Bite the Bridesmaid (Sons of Kane #1)
Author: Tiffany Allee
Release date: May 27th 2013
Publisher: Entangled Covet
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Format: eBook
Pages: 209
Source: Publisher

Alice Shepard needs one thing: a date for her sister's wedding. And not just any date. A hunk who will make her fiancé rue the day he left her for her best friend. Her drop-dead gorgeous neighbor fits the bill—even if he is a bit quirky and never comes out during the day—and Alice has downed just enough appletinis to ask him. But she makes it quite clear that there will be no funny business.

Spending a week on a cruise ship full of humans while sleeping close to his sexy next-door neighbor sounds like a helluva bad idea to vampire Noah Thorpe. But his friends need time to get him out of a shotgun wedding—a vampire bonding that will tie his fate to a female vampire he's never met. And Alice's offer comes at just the right time.

What could possibly go wrong?

I breezed through Don't Bite the Bridesmaid in one go, which shows how much it completely satiated my vampire craving of the week! Though this is primarily romance, there's still some paranormal elements to it, which I liked. I'm definitely looking forward to the next Sons of Kane book!

Alice desperately needs a date for her sister Cindy's wedding, someone to show up her ex-fiancé. And she's decided that her neighbour, Noah, will do perfectly. He surprisingly agrees, though he has an ulterior motive. Noah's a vampire. And he needs to get himself out of an arranged marriage deal. He decides that this would work as an excuse, but what he wasn't planning on was falling in love with his feisty neighbour.

There is so much tension in this book! And before you speculate, I'm not just talking sexual. Alice and Noah are at the cruise, and they need to convince everyone that they're together. Some things go awry, and Alice's ex, Brent, is beginning to seem suspicious. Brent's there with Kristen, Alice's former best friend and the one he cheated on Alice with. So of course things would get uncomfortable. This book is quite entertaining that way! I devoured it like I would a piece of chocolate fudge cake.

I really liked Alice's character, even though she annoyed me at times. I didn't get why Brent's opinion even mattered to her at the beginning, but thank goodness she snapped out of that later. I love her personality! She's so vibrant. I could really sympathize with her, and even I felt sad when she was upset. And Noah. Wow, just wow. He's incredible! So charming and funny and sweet and protective... I fell in love with him immediately. He really cares for Alice, but I found it so cute how he doubted that she wanted to be with him. And when they finally do get together, holy mackerel does it get hot!

I was expecting the vampire revelation to be a little shocking and, you know, climatic, so I was a bit disappointed with that. I thought Alice would be surprised and maybe freaked out when she finds out, but she wasn't at all. And when Noah steels himself to tell her? She's just all, "I know." But regardless, I enjoyed this book. There are some funny and quirky scenes in it, and even though some parts are quite cliched, I liked them.

Don't Bite the Bridesmaid is a fun and quick read, and it's the kind of book that will get you out of a reading slump. The characters are very likeable, and the romance is great. For all you romance lovers, this is for you. There was a bit too much focus on it for my taste, but I'm sure it's not the case for a lot of others. So go ahead and give this a try!

*Thank you to Katie Clapsadl for providing me with a copy for review*

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!