Thursday, 4 July 2013

Review: Blurred by Tara A. Fuller

Title: Blurred (Kissed by Death #2)
Author: Tara A. Fuller
Release date: July 2nd 2013
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Format: eARC
Pages: 326
Source: Publisher
Purchase links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Cash is haunted by things. Hungry, hollow things. They only leave him alone when Anaya, Heaven’s beautiful reaper, is around. Cash has always been good with girls, but Anaya isn’t like the others. She’s dead. And with his deteriorating health, Cash might soon be as well.

Anaya never breaks the rules, but the night of the fire she recognized part of Cash’s soul—and doomed him to something worse than death. Cash’s soul now resides in an expired body, making him a shadow walker—a rare, coveted being that can walk between worlds. A being creatures of the underworld would do anything to get their hands on.

The lines between life and death are blurring, and Anaya and Cash find themselves falling helplessly over the edge. Trapped in a world where the living don’t belong, can Cash make it out alive?

Okay first I want to say just how much I love this cover. Seriously, it's one of my favourite covers ever! With the cool shadow effects and all. And now for the book. Blurred is hands-down on of my favourite 2013 books so far. I was initially worried about reading it because I wanted Cash to remain the same confident guy he was in Inbetween. But the reason I loved Blurred so much is that I found myself connecting with Cash and Anaya so easily. Their journey definitely isn't easy, and both of them have a lot on their shoulders. Cash and Anaya's story is riveting and addictive, and I devoured this book in one sitting.

There are a lot of repercussions from the events of Inbetween. Shadow demons are following Cash, and he has no idea why. But sometimes, he feels a warmth that chases them away. That warmth is Anaya, and for some reason she feels a sort of responsibility towards Cash. He's getting worse and worse, and when Anaya finally shows herself to him, they're both in for a few shocks.

Cash is way more powerful than anyone ever thought. He's different, but he doesn't know it yet. He's torn apart from the fact that Emma is drifting away from him now that she has Finn, and he has his own demons to deal with too. It was actually painful to see what Cash was going through in Blurred. Gone is the easy-going Cash we knew before. In his place is a a broken boy who knows his time is coming, but has no idea what to do about it. I felt for Cash so damn much! He deserves to be happy. And I'm glad that Anaya can do that for him. When Anaya comes into Cash's life, things get simultaneously better and worse. Both Cash and Anaya start to feel things they haven't felt in quite a while. Over a thousand years, in Anaya's case. Oh, and there's another huge revelation about Cash, which I'm happy to say I figured out quite early on, so it didn't come as a shock to me. But I still found it awesome. You'll know what I'm talking about when you read the book.

When I read Inbetween, I pegged Anaya as this badass reaper girl that no one messes with. In Blurred, she shows a vulnerable side, and even Cash can see her as fragile. Anaya has changed, too, but I loved how protective she is over Cash. Both of them will do anything to save the other, and that's really admirable. Although all Anaya wants is her freedom, she realizes that Cash means more to her than anything. And the two of them are willing to risk everything to be with each other.

It was really cool seeing Finn and Emma again! They're both doing pretty well, though Finn is still having trouble sleeping. I loved the rivalry between Finn and Cash. That was quite entertaining. Especially when they eventually start to get along! Cash and Emma's relationship is still rocky, but I guess that had to happen. Oh, and I haven't mentioned Easton yet! I freaking love Easton. He's funny, sarcastic, and still so sweet. Even though he's a Hell reaper and supposed to have no heart, he really cares about Anaya, and Cash would be dead if not for him. I seriously cannot wait to read his story next!

If you guys haven't started the Kissed by Death series yet, you really really have to. Tara has created such awesome characters that you can't help but fall in love with. I absolutely adore this book, and if you're a paranormal lover, you cannot miss this. I want to re-read Blurred already, that's how awesome it is. And I'm now dying for the next book!

*Thank you to Heather Riccio at Entangled Publishing for providing me with an ARC for review*

Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Hi found your blog through Goodreads—lookin' good!
    You can stalk me back here
    www.lorrainetaylor666.com
    Lovely to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!