Sunday, 21 July 2013

In My Mailbox #14



In My Mailbox is a meme previously hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren and now hosted by The Mod Podge Bookshelfwhich allows us to share the books we’ve bought, borrowed and received.

Wow. It's been over a month since my last IMM. But that's because I was in the States and the UK for quite a while, so I couldn't blog at all. Anyway, my IMM this week is super awesome. Why? Because my friend Rabiah @ Confessions of a Readaholic was lucky enough to attend ALA at Chicago this month, and she brought me back some awesome books and swag! Thanks, Rabiah! Also, I bought a couple of books while in the US, and also got some in the mail while I was out of town. So there are quite a lot of books to show this week!


Yup, these are all the print books I got. The first picture is the ALA stack, and the second is of all the other books. I'm not going to bother with the ebooks this week, since there are way too many of these!
Oh, and if you look closely at the first pic, you'll see Champion by Marie Lu right at the top. This isn't the book, obviously, but it's a sneak peek into it. The first couple of chapters. I loved reading them, and I can't wait for the book to come out!

Bought 


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

I've already read Shiver (and absolutely loved it!), but I just had to buy a paperback of this. Why? Because IT'S SIGNED!


Yeah, check out that awesome signature. I just randomly pulled out the book at a bookstore, and it had a sticker on it that said 'signed by the author'!
I haven't read The Goddess Test, but I adore Greek mythology, so I'm sure I will love this one.

Borrowed


ARC of Erased by Jennifer Rush
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
OMG GUYS. Words cannot express how excited I was when I saw that Rabiah got an ARC of Erased at ALA! I freaked out when I saw it so she let me borrow it immediately :)
And I read it crazy fast. Also have a review all written, but I'll post it a bit later. This book was amazing, guys!
I also borrowed For Darkness Shows the Stars from Rabiah, since I have an eGalley of the sequel. I'm looking forward to reading this one.

Won


Graceling by Kristin Cashore

I won this for taking part in the Companion Novels Challenge hosted by Vivian @ Confessions of a Vi3tBabe and Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books. Thank you so much for this, Vi! I can't wait to read this.

From ALA Chicago 2013


ARC of The 100 by Kass Morgan
ARC of The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle
ARC of Seeing Red by Kathryn Erskine
ARC of Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
ARC of Cherry Money Baby by John M. Cusick
ARC of Hypnotize Me by Gordon Korman

I'm so, so excited for The 100 and The Infinite Moment of Us! I've been looking forward to reading them and I really can't wait. I hadn't heard of these other books before Rabiah gave them to me, but they seem awesome and I hope I'll love them too.

Oh, and I mentioned that Rabiah got me some swag too, right? Well, here it is!


You can click on the pic to make it bigger. But yeah, this is the awesome swag I got! A Fierce Reads poster and bookmark, some Maggie Stiefvater bookmarks, a SYLO magnet, some cool Antigoddess feather-shaped bookmarks, a Breaking Point postcard, a bookmark of Not a Drop to Drink, an I love YA button, and... A Team Morpheus button! That's definitely my favourite! There's some other stuff too, but I can't really make out what it is in the picture and I'm too lazy to pull out my swag box.

For Review/Blog Tour


Shudder by Samantha Durante
ARC of The Weight of Souls by Bryony Pearce

I received Shudder because I'm part of the blog tour, and I can't wait to get into it! I loved the first book, Stitch, and I have a feeling this will be awesome.
I requested an ARC of The Weight of Souls, and it arrived, so thank you to Strange Chemistry! They also gave me a little charm and a signed postcard, check it out.


Isn't that sweet of them? Oh, and if you're wondering what the card on the left is, it's Rabiah's blog business card! She printed a bunch of these for ALA, and gave me one. It's so pretty!
Gifted


The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

One of my best friends and fellow book-lover, Ippy, gave me this as an early birthday gift. (My birthday's actually in a couple of weeks) Anyway, she loved this book and she said I would love it too, so I'm obviously really excited to read this!

Received for Books That Glow: YA & MG 2013


ARC of Deep Betrayal by Anne Greenwood Brown
ARC of The Loop by Shandy Lawson

I really enjoyed Lies Beneath, and I can't wait to read Deep Betrayal. The Loop also sounds pretty awesome!

So that's it for this week (well, this month actually). So many books! I don't know when I'll get the time to read all this, since I have most of my last month's haul to read as well. *Sigh* So much to read, so little time.
What did you guys get this week? Leave a comment and I'll visit you!

11 comments:

  1. Awwww pichu <3 NO PROBS :D Have fun reading them!!! xoxox (and btw, you're totally gonna have to lend me Graceling :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! I cannot wait to start The 5th Wave and Graceling.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fabulous bunch of books. It looks like you are going to have some great reading ahead of you. I look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice haul. Thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/stacking-shelves-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bunch of books. I just read Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock yesterday and found it very thought-provoking. Please come see what I added to my stacks at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul. I loved Deep Betrayal. Hope you enjoy all your awesome books. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I'm so jealous you got to read Erased! -fans self-
    And grats on your win! You'll love Graceling.
    Enjoy all your lovely books! (:

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea where to start with all of that awesomeness! I'm so jealous you get to read Erased! Loved the first book. And I'm starting Shudder for the blog tour today! Enjoy all of these!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Richa! So many awesome books! I can't even! I definitely need to read Altered by J.Rush! Hopefully I can get it soon! And I've been dying to read the 5th Wave also! Happy reading girl!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love signed books! I loved Shiver too. Great haul. Enjoy.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!