Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #30: Wild Cards

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles


Title: Wild Cards
Author: Simone Elkeles
Release date: September 24th 2013
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary

After getting kicked out of boarding school, bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek’s counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else’s family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain--people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship, until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires trusting Derek—someone she barely knows, someone born to break the rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?

I still haven't read the Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles (REALLY need to though!) but I'm obviously looking forward to this one. Why? Well, it sounds pretty awesome, and I kinda love YA contemporary right now. Plus I love the cover. And there's quite a bit of hype about this book already, so I have high hopes! September can't come fast enough.

5 comments:

  1. I love all of Simone's books so far (especially her Perfect Chemistry series!) and this just sounds awesome! I'm realy really excited for this so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really want to read this one, even though I haven't read any of her other books. It just sounds really good. It's on Netgalley, but I got declined. :( Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read any books by Simone Elkeles but this one does sound good. I'll be adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want want want Wild Cards!!!!!!! God declined on Netgalley though gah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the sound of this one! I haven't read any of her books yet so maybe this will be my first one :)
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!