Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #26: Siege and Storm

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo


Title: Siege and Storm (The Grisha Trilogy #2)
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Release date: June 4th 2013
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her–or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.

I just read Shadow and Bone a few days ago (yeah I know I'm pretty late with that!) and I loved it so much. I'm happy I don't have to wait that long for Siege and Storm, but even though it's less than a month away, it feels like ages! I can't wait to get back into this amazing world and find out what happens to Alina and Mal.

11 comments:

  1. A great pick! I am so looking forward to this one as well.

    http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-allegiant-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! I'm so ridiculously excited for this one! I adored Shadow and Bone. Awesome pick!

    My WoW: http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Shadow and Bone yet but it's def on my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! this series is on my tbr list

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so looking forward to reading this series! I'll read Shadow And Bone in time for Siege And Storm. Great pick! :)

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read the first book yet and really need to get on that. Great pick this week. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so many great things about this series! I really need to check it out! Great WOW pick :) Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't read Shadow and Bone yet but heard rave reviews! Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! Sounds like fun!! Not long to wait now!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to see you liked Shadow and Bone- it's also on my TBR list (I'm late to the Bardugo party myself!) Great pick Richa!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!