Saturday, 11 May 2013

In My Mailbox #12


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren which allows us to share the books we’ve bought, borrowed and received.

Well, I've gotten quite a lot of books in the past two weeks! Firstly, I'm so excited to have received my first ever print ARCs that I requested from a publisher! And that publisher is none other than HarperCollins! So thank you so much to HarperCollins International for the box of ARCs I received this week.
Another exciting thing - I'm now auto-approved for all HarperCollins titles on Edelweiss! EEEP. This means I can download any HC title from the site, any time I want. So I got a few titles from there, too :)
Also, I received some awesome swag this week, too. *So excited*
Okay enough babbling and squealing, here's my haul!

(These are just the print copies)

Bought


Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Apollyon finally arrived last week and I was so happy! I loved it so much. Click on the title above to read my review :)
I found Shadow and Bone in a nearby bookstore a couple of days ago, and I bought it immediately, since I've heard so much about it. I also bought Never Let Me Go, which I have read before and loved.
Also, the bookstore gave me these really cool bookmarks with my purchase! Check them out, they're so cute!


Borrowed


Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

I borrowed this one from my friend Rabiah, who lent it to me before she read it herself! So thanks again, Rabiah :) I loved this one so much. Again, you can click on the title to read my review!

Won


Two signed and personalized Sweet Evil/Sweet Peril bookmarks and a personalized Sweet Peril bookplate from Wendy Higgins! I was so freaking excited when this arrived :D


Well I didn't actually win this, but I didn't have a category to put this under so I'm just putting it here. A signed bookmark of The Collector and a personalized bookplate from Victoria Scott, because I reached 250 V Mafia favours! I love V, I really do. She's the best!


A Touch of Death 'Ophi in training' pin and a signed Touch of Death bookmark from Kelly Hashway :D


An S-Word keychain, necklace, and a 'Smart Cookie' pin, from Chelsea Pitcher!


Oh my god, guys. You have no idea how excited I was when I saw this in the mail! I love getting JLA swag :D And I now own an Apollyon bookmark! YAYYY :) Thank you so much to Valerie at Stuck in Books for this amazing swag pack 

For Blog Tour


Click to Subscribe by L.M. Augustine

I loved this book! It's so cute and funny. And the main characters remind me of Hazel and Gus from The Fault in Our Stars. So of course I loved this :D My blog tour stop is on the 16th, so be sure to stop by then!

For Review




ARC of Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris
ARC of You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle
ARC of The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise
ARC of Arclight by Josin L. McQuein
ARC of The Ward by Jordana Frankel
ARC of The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
ARC of Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
ARC of Faking It by Cora Carmack
ARC of The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas

I can't even begin to express my gratitude to Sarah at HarperCollins International for sending me some amazing ARCs! And to HarperCollins for auto-approving me on Edelweiss :) Every single one of these books above is published by some HC imprint, and I honestly cannot wait to read any of them. I've read Unbreakable already, and it was freaking amazing! I definitely have an awesome few weeks ahead of me in terms of reading.

So that's my haul for the past 2 weeks! What did you guys get? Leave a comment and link me your hauls below so I can visit you and comment back :)

26 comments:

  1. Awesome haul and i'm super jealous! lol I CAN'T WAIT to read Unbreakable :D And I loved Scarlet and Apollyon! Happy reading :)

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just need to read Cinder and Scarlet, I heard so many great things about them. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg where to even begin? I am looking forward to Not A Drop Left To Drink and The Burning Sky (among many) and I enjoyed Scarlet and LOVED Shadow and Bone. You got that one just in time for Siege and Storm! Great haul this week, I hope you love all of your books!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert
    my StS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing haul! I don't know what to do the most jealous of the books you got or the amazing swag!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never Let Me Go looks so good! And I've got an egalley of Faking It and I'm so excited to read it! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul for the two weeks. Scarlet is a great book. I hope that you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah of HarperCollins is the best! Thanks for dropping by my StS and happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard Cinder is great but I never got to the series, and OMG SHADOW AND BONE <3 It's seriously one of the best of its genre, hope you'll love it as much as I did!! Just finished Unraveling and I'm DYING to get my hands on Unbreakable, not to mention The Boyfriend App, Arclight and The Ward. All seriously awesome books, hope you'll enjoy reading them :)

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing haul! you also got some pretty sweet swag as well! I'm definitely jealous over here! You just gained a new follower, would love a follow back!

    Amber
    http://paradiseofpages.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of awesome books you got there! I haven't read Shadow and bone yet, but I will. soon. Unbreakable and Arclight are waiting for me at the bookstore. Scarlet is amazing, absolutely love the series. Well, I do hope you enjoy all your pretties. So much swaaaaag. :> And thank you so much for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been waiting for You Look Different in Real Life! It sounds like a really unique story. Arclight sounds really amazing too and I love the cover! I really hope you enjoy everything that you've gotten. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Ward and The burning sky both look really good. Happy reading!
    Here are my newest additions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You got some really amazing books! And omg I love the swag! *grabby hands*
    Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    Our STS
    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still need to get Scarlet and Shadow and Bone. Hope they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. New Follower :D

    OMG I've got haul envy! I'm so jealous of your swag pack wins.

    My STS

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL. When I was auto-approved for Random House on Netgalley I was all super excited too! Yay for Scarlet. Glad to hear you liked it. I hate science fiction, but somehow I love The Lunar Chronicles. They aren't tooo heavy on the science bits, though, so that helps me out.

    Annnnyway, enjoy all your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your Harper auto-approval! They did the same for me and I got alot of the same books you did last week! SO excited to read them all! Enjoy all those awesome books! There are so many I need to read!

    My STS

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really nice haul. Good for you. Happy reading :)

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's an amazing haul you got this week! So jealous of Faking It! And yay for Apollyon, it still haven't read it yet and I'm dying to.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, nice haul!! Shadow and Bone & Scarlet are SO amazing. Love those books. I need to get started on the JLA books!

    Thanks for stopping by this week!
    Ems

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy moly! I don't even know where to start! You have some awesome books and swag up there! I really liked Arclight a whole lot and I definitely need to read Shadow ad Bone soon. Enjoy! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome Haul!! So much swag and great books!! It's always fun to get in with the big publishers, congrats!!

    Thanx for visiting my StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omg! So so so much amazing. <3 And holy crap. I'm SO DAMN JEALOUS. Harper Collins auto-approval? Sobs :( so happy for you, though. <3 I keep getting declined for the book I really want on Edelweiss :\ Sniffs. WHAT DO YOU MEAN, HARPER COLLINS INTERNATIONAL? I have never heard of it. Harper Collins just keeps telling me when I request an ARC that they don't ship outside the US.. could you please explain what you mean? Do they have a contact page? :) Anyway! You got so much amazing. <3 Scarlet! Shadow and Bone! Love. <3 Enjoy it all sweetie :)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, Carina! I found out about HC International from the Filipino bloggers I know. You can contact them on Twitter (@HC_Intl) and then you can email them about getting review copies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that is amazing :) Thank you so much for letting me know. <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!