Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #24: Earthbound

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike


Title: Earthbound (Earthbound #1)
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Release date: July 30th 2013
Publisher: Razorbill
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal/Fantasy

Tavia Michaels is the sole survivor of the plane crash that killed her parents. When she starts to see strange visions of a boy she’s never spoken with in real life, she begins to suspect that there’s much about her past that she isn’t being told. Tavia will soon discover that she’s an Earthbound—someone with the ability to create matter out of nothing—and that she alone holds the key to stopping the Reduciata, an evil society that manipulates global events for its own shadowy purposes. Tavia will ultimately have to make a choice: to come into her powers and save the world from the evil Reduciata or to choose free will and a love of her own.




There are a few reasons why I'm excited for this one -
1. The cover is absolutely gorgeous!
2. It's by Aprilynne Pike. I mean, seriously. I love everything written by her, and so I know I'll love this.
3. Someone who can create matter out of nothing? Tavia sounds totally awesome!

So yeah, I'm really really looking forward to Earthbound :)


9 comments:

  1. I love the cover and it sounds really interesting!

    A nice pick :) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this one sounds super interesting! Thanks for stopping by our blog :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds interesting, but I'm extremely picky about Dystopian so I gotta wait for more reviews:D
    Hey, check this out! :D
    Review: Losing It
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely choice :)I really like the cover and the description.

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great book, and the cover is so pretty!
    Great pick!

    My WoW: http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.se/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already have this one on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it too.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick, I am totally waiting on this one right along with you :D In fact it'll be one of my upcoming WoW picks too haha! I agree with you the cover is STUNNING and the idea of creating matter out of nothing sounds amazing - definitely not something you read about every day! The evil society sounds pretty cool too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Old follower,
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, yes. The cover is gorgeous :D Amazing pick sweetie. <3 I hope you will love this book when it comes out :D
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!