Saturday, 13 April 2013

Review: Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

Title: Second Chance Boyfriend (Drew + Fable #2)
Author: Monica Murphy
Release date: April 9th 2013
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Pages: 210


Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.


But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.


She is my everything and I swear at this very moment, I will never let her go.

I can't believe this book concludes Drew and Fable's story! I loved every second of it, and I really, really did not want to say goodbye to them. Second Chance Boyfriend wove its way into my heart. Monica Murphy really knows how to get our emotions all over the place, because that's exactly how I felt throughout this book!

It's been months since the events of One Week Girlfriend, and months since Drew and Fable have even talked to each other. Fable's doing okay as a waitress at a bar, but she's under a lot of stress taking care of her brother, Owen, while managing all the bills. When she's offered a much higher-paid job by a charming man she just met, she decides to take it. Drew is seeing a psychologist about his past, as well as about Fable. And he's really trying to get out more. When Drew and Fable finally meet again one night at the restaurant where Fable now works, their past comes rushing back to them.

I loved Fable even more in this book, if that's possible! We see more of her vulnerable side, and it's pretty contrasting to how she usually is. Her love for Owen is made starkly clear in this one, and I love her relationship with her brother. Fable really steps up and makes some huge changes in her life, and I really admire her for her courage. Fable is one of the toughest, strongest protagonists I know, and the thing I love most about her is that she never runs from anything. Ever. Owen's lucky to have a sister like her to look up to!

Drew. Oh my god, Drew. The fact that I love a 'good' guy so much just shows how incredible he is. I mean, it's literally impossible not to fall for him. He's the sweetest guy ever, and he's so totally romantic in this book! He wrote poems for Fable. Poems! I loved all of them, as much as Fable did, and I can't even express how much I love Drew. He's so protective of Fable, and so caring of her.

Drew gets closure with the whole thing involving his stepmom, Adele, and I was thankful for that. Adele does return in this book, crazy as ever. I still hate her with all my heart, and I honestly cannot find any pity for her anywhere in me, not even by the end of the book. I don't want to spoil anything much, but she gets what she deserves, and I'll leave it at that.

The marshmallow code word theme continues throughout this book, which I loved so much! It's used way less than in One Week Girlfriend, but the situation in which it's used is so intensely terrifying and gripping! I was on the edge of my seat, hoping everything would be okay. Marshmallow is also used again at the end, in quite a different way... You'll see what I'm talking about when you read the book!

Second Chance Boyfriend is one of the best New Adult books I've read, and Drew and Fable stole my heart. I loved reading their story so much, and I'm really looking forward to more from Monica Murphy. I heard that Owen's story is in the works, and if that's true, I'll be jumping with joy when it comes out! The ending of Second Chance Boyfriend is absolutely perfect, though I still crave more of these amazing and incredibly real characters. Seriously, if you guys haven't read Drew + Fable yet, you're really missing out on a lot.

Rating: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've been dying to read Drew and Fable's story for so long! It's great that this has been the best NA book you've read. I'm excited to start OWG and SCB soon. Awesome review, Richa! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarika! I hope you enjoy them when you finally get to start them :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!