Sunday, 21 April 2013

Review: Blood Lust by Charity Santiago


Title: Blood Lust (Rapid City Wolves #1)
Author: Charity Santiago
Release date: April 12th 2013
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: New Adult Paranormal
Format: eBook (pdf)
Pages: 95
Source: Review copy from author


Eve came to Rapid City to escape her parents' messy divorce, but what she finds in South Dakota exceeds her wildest dreams- and nightmares. After Eve is attacked by a wolf outside her grandmother's house, she stumbles into a new and frightening existence as an alpha werewolf. 
Fated to lead the pack and obligated to choose a beta to lead beside her, Eve still cannot bring herself to forget Jericho, the mysterious vampire who saved her life. 
Will the wolves force Eve to choose between her destiny and her soulmate?





I've been looking forward to reading Blood Lust ever since I finished the Lady of Toryn trilogy by Charity Santiago. Luckily, I didn't have long to wait for this one! Blood Lust is an great start to an awesome new paranormal series. I love paranormal, so I knew I'd love this. The characters are unique, and the plot flows so well. Grab this one ASAP, you won't regret it!

Eve Samuels isn't having an amazing atmosphere at home on account of her parents' divorce, so she decides to move to her Grandma's house in Rapid City, and attend National American University there. Eve's got it all planned out, but she gets a few unexpected surprises. When  she gets bitten by a werewolf and finds out she's an alpha wolf, one in a hundred thousand, she has to figure out if she wants to lead the wolf pack or try to return to her old life... and the mysterious new guy she met - a guy who has a few secrets of his own.

Eve's an awesome protagonist, and I liked her immediately. She's responsible but at the same time really fun. I did feel like I could connect with her, and I definitely sympathized with her predicaments. Eve is really strong inside, and the fact that she didn't cave under the stress of her parents' divorce and their quick ability to move on with their lives really impressed me. She keeps her head on straight even in life-threatening situations, and I liked her quick thinking. Moreover, I absolutely loved her chemistry with Jericho!

Speaking of Jericho, aw man! He's one hot and enigmatic vampire. He reminds me of Drake from Charity's Lady of Toryn series, but I'm certain I like Jericho better! Not much is revealed about him in this book, so I'm hoping for more in the sequel. Jericho has a lot of secrets he's keeping from Eve, and when she finds out, their relationship faces a challenge. I liked how chivalrous Jericho is. Of course, he's hundreds of years old, so I guess old habits die hard. Jericho is really protective of Eve, and that made me like him all the more.

I also really liked Max, the beta of the werewolf pack and the town doctor. I think he and Eve would make a good team. But I do not want this to turn into a love triangle! Although of course Eve would end up with Jericho. They're soulmates, after all. Which brings me to that aspect - I loved the soulmate concept in this book! The only other series I've seen that in is Night World by L.J. Smith, and I don't know why more books don't include it. It's so intriguing!

Another thing I loved was the history and background that Charity added into this book. The world building is great, and I think Charity does that really well. I love knowing more about where the characters and legends come from. It makes the novel seem more real to me, in a way, and it helps me relate to the book. I'm hoping for more of that in the next book!

Blood Lust is definitely a vampire-werewolf centred novel, but it's not predictable at all. Charity kept me guessing at every turn, and I totally did not expect the cliffhanger at the end! I'm dying to read the sequel, Blood Oath, and I can't wait to find out more about these awesome characters, and what happens to them.

*Thank you to Charity Santiago for providing me with a copy for review*

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!