Friday, 1 March 2013

Review: Wait for You by J. Lynn

Title: Wait for You (Wait for You #1)
Author: J. Lynn
Release date: February 26th 2013
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Pages: 332

Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…



This is honestly a very hard review to write. When I first found out that Jennifer was writing a New Adult novel, I freaked out! I knew it would blow my mind – and of course it did! Wait for You is such a beautiful story. It’s got great characters and an incredible plotline and I loved it so much. Wait for You is, in my opinion, Jennifer’s best book yet!

All Avery Morgansten wants is to get away from her past and just start over in a place where no one knows her and what happened to her five years ago. But all of that changes the second she crashes into Cameron Hamilton on the way to Astronomy 101. Avery’s fascinated by Cam – but she’ll never admit it. On top of that, she’s been getting anonymous emails and text messages from someone who knows what she did, and who holds it against her. Wait for You follows Avery as she struggles to overcome her inhibitions and move on from her past.

Avery is an awesome protagonist – she felt incredibly real to me. She’s not perfect, and she has baggage that would chase away most people. Her character developed so much over the course of this novel. I loved her determination, her inner strength, and her quirky sense of humour. I think she’s at her best when she’s with Cam. He allows her to forget about her past for a while, and just enjoy what she’s got in the present. I loved the hilarious banter between them!

“Hey,” Cam said.

Turning my head toward him, I raised my brows. “Hi.”

“Go out with me.”

I smiled. “Shut up, Cam.”
Yeah, there’s loads more of that in Wait for You! Cam and Avery actually remind me of Daemon and Katy from Jennifer’s Lux series – their easy repartee and how great they work together. I seriously think Cam and Avery were made for each other.

Okay, now on to Cam. *Sigh* I absolutely love him! I know he’s replaced Aiden and/or Daemon in a lot of readers’ minds, but I honestly cannot pick between them. Cam is the sweetest guy ever, and we see that from the second we meet him. He’s so supportive of Avery, and he loves her unconditionally. It’s amazing to see the depth of his love for her. He’d do anything for her. I also loved Cam’s sense of humour – he’s freaking hilarious! And also very full of himself. But how can he not be? He’s gorgeous! Cam has a pet turtle called Raphael – another thing that endears him to me. He’s not without flaws and his own personal baggage, but I find it admirable that he found the strength to move past it.

The secondary characters were amazing too. I found myself laughing out loud at Ollie, Cam’s roommate. Or Senor Fucktard, as he calls himself sometimes! Jacob and Brit, Avery’s friends, also really intrigued me. They love Avery in their own way, and I found it sweet that they looked out for her and cared for her so much. Avery really is lucky to have friends like them. Jase, another one of Cam’s friends, is quite an enigma. He’s incredibly hot as well, of course, but I wish we could have seen more of him in this book. I do hope J. Lynn writes companion novels about Jase and Ollie, because that will really make my day!

The pacing is perfect, and Jennifer knows exactly how to build up the tension! I was dying to find out what had happened to Avery on Halloween night five years ago, and also the mystery behind her bracelet. And the steamy scenes between Cam and Avery... *swoon* They were epic!

Wait for You is a wonderful book filled with hope, hilarity, love and discovery. There’s a lot of self-discovery going on, and in that sense I think people would be able to relate to it. There are very serious issues that are addressed in this book, and I admire how deftly J. Lynn has worked them in and portrayed them in Wait for You. This book is so emotional and moving, and I honestly cannot express how much I loved it. I sincerely recommend everyone to read this!

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!