Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #19: PODs

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


PODs by Michelle K. Pickett

Release date: June 4th 2013
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press

Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it's in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it's a balm for the broken soul.
After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That's the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.
Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.







Looks like I'm on a Spencer Hill Press roll! I think I'll continue this theme for the next couple of weeks too. So look out for more SHP WoWs this month! PODs is a dystopian, and I absolutely love dystopians. So I'm obviously really looking forward to this one. The concept is intriguing, isn't it? This is Michelle's debut novel, and I know I'm going to love it.




14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for making PODs your WoW pick this week! I'm so grateful for bloggers like you that help get the word out about authors and their books. You are so appreciated!

    Michelle :)
    Author, PODs, June 2013, Spencer Hill Press
    Milayna, March 2014, Spencer Hill Press
    Visit me! www.michelle-pickett.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard from one of the editors that this book is amazing. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I am really looking forward to PODs as well and it's dystopian. So great choice! =D

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this one looks interesting!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. More dystopian? Yes please! Great pick! If you'd like to check out my WoW you can do so here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already have PODs on my to-read list and I'm really excited about the book. I can't wait for it to come out. I hope it's good. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would not be a fun way to live but good job on your WOW!!



    Come on by and read our WOW of the week! See ya next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy! your choice , sounds exciting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah. This one looks awesome! A very intriguing concept... I'm definitely going to be reading this one!


    My WOW

    ~Lynette @ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one that I am looking forward to as well. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    Amanda @ Books & Band-aids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessss, I've been looking forward to this ever since I first heard of it! :D

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!